2009 Regular season record prediction poll - Boise State Broncos (1 Viewer)

Boise State 2009

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thu, Sep 03 Oregon Boise, ID (Bronco Stadium) 8:15 pm Sat, Sep 12 Miami (OH) Boise, ID (Bronco Stadium) 6:00 pm
Fri, Sep 18 Fresno State * at Fresno, CA 7:00 pm ESPN
Sat, Sep 26 Bowling Green at Bowling Green, OH 5:00 pm
Sat, Oct 03 UC Davis Boise, ID (Bronco Stadium) 6:00 pm
Wed, Oct 14 Tulsa at Tulsa, OK 6:00 pm ESPN
Sat, Oct 24 Hawai'i * at Honolulu, HI TBA
Sat, Oct 31 San Jose State * Boise, ID (Bronco Stadium) 1:00 pm
Fri, Nov 06 Louisiana Tech * at Ruston, LA 6:00 pm ESPN2
Sat, Nov 14 Idaho * Boise, ID (Bronco Stadium) 1:00 pm
Fri, Nov 20 Utah State * at Logan, UT 7:30 pm ESPN2
Fri, Nov 27 Nevada * Boise, ID (Bronco Stadium) TBA ESPN2
Sat, Dec 05 New Mexico State * Boise, ID (Bronco Stadium) 1:00 pm

Discuss

Boise lost quite a bit on defense, but Peterson has really started to recruit well over there. They are getting to the point where they reload, not rebuild. They did lose one of the big team leaders in Ian Johnson, but he was not even the primary RB on the team last year.

The Oregon game is really intriguing. I think Oregon has to be the favorite, but they are not as good on the road as they are at home. Boise has a shot at this one.

Fresno, Tulsa, Hawaii, and Nevada are all lose-able games, but I would consider Boise a fairly strong favorite in all of those. @ Hawaii could be a very tough one. Boise lost last time @ Hawaii, but has had success there, winning in 2005 and 2003. Losing June Jones will be tough for Hawaii too. Gotta give the edge to Boise.

This one is tough. I could see anything from 8-4 to 12-0. It really swings heavily on that game 1 vs. Oregon.

I'm going with a L to Oregon. I see them beating Hawaii, which is their toughest matchup outside of this. They should win the rest. I'll go 11-1, fringe-BCS Bowl team.

Another thing you have to keep in mind with Boise is that their QB last season, Kellen Moore, was a true Freshman. Hard to imagine he won't improve significantly. Titus Young is also a very good player who'll give fits to everyone he faces.

Nevada is the toughest conference game on the schedule. As of now, I think they're the only team that has the offensive firepower to give Boise a game at Boise, where they've been virtually unbeatable for some time now - particularly in conference. Colin Kaepernick makes sure that team puts up points and is probably the best offensive player in the WAC.

@Hawaii won't be as much of a challenge as you're making it out to be. Going to the island is always tough, no doubt, but it's not the same as it was a couple of years ago. Hawaii is on a downslide and likely won't finish top 4 in conference.

Also, although I definitely don't predict that we'll win the game, Boise's trip to La Tech will likely be tougher than it has been in the past. Mostly it depends on how our QB situation shakes out, but I think it should be a pretty good game.

I'm going with 10-2. Oregon gets them along with one conference team.

Another thing you have to keep in mind with Boise is that their QB last season, Kellen Moore, was a true Freshman. Hard to imagine he won't improve significantly. Titus Young is also a very good player who'll give fits to everyone he faces.

Nevada is the toughest conference game on the schedule. As of now, I think they're the only team that has the offensive firepower to give Boise a game at Boise, where they've been virtually unbeatable for some time now - particularly in conference. Colin Kaepernick makes sure that team puts up points and is probably the best offensive player in the WAC.

@Hawaii won't be as much of a challenge as you're making it out to be. Going to the island is always tough, no doubt, but it's not the same as it was a couple of years ago. Hawaii is on a downslide and likely won't finish top 4 in conference.

Also, although I definitely don't predict that we'll win the game, Boise's trip to La Tech will likely be tougher than it has been in the past. Mostly it depends on how our QB situation shakes out, but I think it should be a pretty good game.

I'm going with 10-2. Oregon gets them along with one conference team.

That's really good info on some mid-major teams that don't get talked about a lot. Great post.

I'm going with two losses: One to Oregon and a surprise loss to either Fresno State or Louisiana Tech. Those two teams always seem to give the top WAC team troubles every year. One of these days they're going to sneak in a win. Another Tostitoes Bowl for the Broncs.

I see Boise going undefeated this year. They will miss out on the BCS Championship game but could very well upset a big name team in a BCS Bowl and increase the grumbling from the smaller conferences.

I think Boise runs the table at this point.

BCS Buster?

What if Florida, Texas, OU, Ohio State, and USC all lose one and Boise runs the table with a win over a ranked BCS conference team?

Could get interesting.

I think Boise runs the table at this point.

BCS Buster?

What if Florida, Texas, OU, Ohio State, and USC all lose one and Boise runs the table with a win over a ranked BCS conference team?

Could get interesting.
Everything will be decided (re: Boise) based upon how Oregon does now. The Broncos have just become the Ducks biggest fans. Well, the Ducks sans one certain player :hihi:

But after that game last night I think Boise certainly goes undefeated but Oregon has a lot of work to do in order to end in the top 25.

Everything will be decided (re: Boise) based upon how Oregon does now. The Broncos have just become the Ducks biggest fans. Well, the Ducks sans one certain player :hihi:

But after that game last night I think Boise certainly goes undefeated but Oregon has a lot of work to do in order to end in the top 25.

I agree. I thought Oregon was going to miss Mike Bellotti, and it was pretty apparent last night. I don't see Oregon finishing top 25. Looks to me like a mediocre 4-loss team. They'll lose to USC, Cal, and someone else.

I was thinking one, maybe two losses until last night.. After watching that, i dont see them losing a game. IMO i dont think they have anybody tougher than Oregon the rest of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom