2009 Regular season record prediction poll - Florida Gators (1 Viewer)

Florida 2009

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sat. Sept. 5 Charleston Southern
Sat. Sept. 12 Troy
Sat. Sept. 19 Tennessee 3:30 P.M. CBS
Sat. Sept. 26 at Kentucky (Lexington KY)
Sat. Oct. 10 at LSU 8:00 P.M. CBS (Baton Rouge LA)
Sat. Oct. 17 Arkansas (Homecoming)
Sat. Oct. 24 at Mississippi State (Starkville MS)
Sat. Oct. 31 Georgia 3:30 P.M. CBS (Jacksonville FL)
Sat. Nov. 7 Vanderbilt
Sat. Nov. 14 at South Carolina (Columbia SC)
Sat. Nov. 21 Florida International
Sat. Nov. 28 Florida State (Senior Day)

Discuss...

I'm going with 11-1. In reality they should be relatively heavy favorites in every single game on their schedule, but SEC play is tough and Georgia, LSU, and Florida State have a puncher's chance of beating them.

I'd say 11-1 as well, though I don't think Florida State even has a puncher's chance. Somewhere though they will get tripped up I would have to think.

I'd say 11-1 as well, though I don't think Florida State even has a puncher's chance. Somewhere though they will get tripped up I would have to think.

Probably right. Florida should be stronger this year and FSU will be about the same. 45-15 last year, doesn't look good for FSU's chances on the road.

Florida got a real fortunate schedule. Georgia at home, no Alabama, no Ole Miss, no Auburn. They only have two really tough SEC games, and only one on the road.

I can't see them losing more than one with the amount of experience they have. Being in the SEC (which now gets plenty of respect from the pundits), with a ceiling of one loss, I can't imagine them not playing for the title again this year.

Georgia is not really a home game for them.

I see them dropping 2 - LSU gets them and they trip up somewhere else along the way.

I see the Gators going undefeated, with only 1 real big test on there schedule (@ LSU) and a couple dangerous games (GA-FSU) for a SEC schedule the Gators are set for another National Championship Game..... Even if Florida Looses the SECCG.... they will have an above average chance of still getting too the BCSCG....

If UF loses the SECCG they have zero shot at a bid to the BCS Title game because the team that beats them will get the bid...

If UF loses the SECCG they have zero shot at a bid to the BCS Title game because the team that beats them will get the bid...

Right. I think you can assume that the SEC will get one team in, assuming that they have a zero or one loss conference champion. But there are too many top tier teams with relatively easy schedules for a second to get in.

I think it's a relatively safe bet that it will be SEC winner vs. one of Texas/OU/USC/Ohio State.

so a 10-2 Bama/LSU vs 12-0 Florida --- Gators loose and Bama/LSU go to a BCSCG ?? I think not.....

No, none of them would end up going. Now that the BCS is run by people, they'd never let it happen.

No, none of them would end up going. Now that the BCS is run by people, they'd never let it happen.

I don't know. In that scenario, (a team out of the title hunt with 2 losses or so beating an undefeated #1 team) the SEC might get enough media respect to where they could still get in.

Let's say UF lost a barnburner in the conference title game to a pretty highly ranked team that has too many losses to get into the title game, and you've got something like:

11-1 USC
11-1 Ohio State
12-1 Oklahoma or Texas, won the conference title

Who goes? I think the Big XII winner is probably a given unless the loss is super late (IE Texas last year). But are you going to put USC or Ohio State with their weak conference schedules in ahead of a Florida team that went 12-1 in SEC play? The computers are going to have the SEC team very, very high still, either #1, or #2 behind the Big XII team. The humans would have to drop the SEC team to 4 or 5 to keep them out, and I just don't see them doing that. The SEC gets plenty of respcet from the media now, to the point of being overrated nowadays.

I think you're looking at Texas vs. Florida in DKR Memorial Stadium West at Pasadena, where the underdog Horns shock the world once again. :hihi:

Last edited:
10-2. The football Gods have given, but the football Gods will crush the hearts of the Gators this year.

Wow, after looking at Florida's schedule... I only see one team with a half-decent chance of beating Florida. That team is LSU, but only if Jordan Jefferson plays well enough to open up things for Charles Scott and our defense can slow down Tebow within reason...

If Georgia had a better, more experienced QB (Stafford) returning... they'd have a pretty good chance. But they don't, so they will be toast.

Prediction... if any surprise team takes it to Florida this year, it will be South Carolina. They are irrelevant enough that Meyer + team might ignore them, Spurrier really really wants to take it to Florida and will game plan the crap out of this game, he still has some magic left in his coaching ability and desperately needs to win this game to repair his reputation. I think this is the potential trap game for Florida, but huge long shot I admit. But this is my potential upset prediction for Florida.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom