2009 Regular season record prediction poll - LSU Fighting Tigers of Baton Rouge (1 Viewer)

LSU fighting Tigers of BAton Rouge

• Total voters
Tough one to predict. This is a team with tons of talent all over, but also with questions at QB and a new defensive coordinator. If they put it all together, I honestly think they'd be a championship caliber team, but I don't think that's likely. I'd say 8-4 (Bama, Georgia, Florida, Ole Miss as losses) at worst, and 11-1 at best (I doubt we'd have the kind of luck to beat both Ole Miss in Oxford AND Florida without at least one other hiccup along the way, so one of those would be the loss.)

With all that said, I'll go with an official prediction of 9-3, with Florida, Georgia, and Ole Miss as the losses.

I see losses to Florida and Ole Miss. Improved defense and QB play should be enough to go 10-2.

If you look at LSU's season last year, the Jarrett Lee pick-6's just killed game after game. LSU lost to UGA by 2 TDs and Lee threw 2 pick-6's. LSU lost to Bama by 6 and Lee threw 1 pick-6. Those are two winnable games without those and with both those teams losing their starting QBs and RBs, LSU has a good chance at wins. If the defense gets better and Jefferson improves, LSU could be a real player this year.

I know everyone thinks Ole Miss is going to make waves, but every year there is a team everyone thinks will finally make their move into the top of whatever conference and a lot of them fold under the pressure. Some teams just don't do well in the spotlight. So while Ole Miss may have the talent, it remains to be seen if they have the demeanor and attitude to excel when they are expected to.

This season will be fun.

Everyone who is an LSU fan wouldn't expect anything less than an undefeated team. But the way the SEC is you can never tell. I would say 10-2. Had they had a QB last year ealy, they may have been able to overcome some of the defense problems..... How many points did LEE give opponets last year, what like 8 TD's returned or something like that? By the time jefferson took over, it was too late.... This year at least he will have some experience.. And thank god they got rid of the co-defensive coordinators.. that was just crazy...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom