2009 Regular season record prediction poll - Oklahoma Sooners (1 Viewer)

OU 2009

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
09/05/09 vs. BYU TV Arlington, Texas 6:00 PM CT
09/12/09 vs. Idaho State TV Norman TBA
09/19/09 vs. Tulsa TV Norman 2:30 PM CT
10/03/09 at Miami TV Miami, Fla. TBA
10/10/09 vs. Baylor TV Norman TBA
10/17/09 vs. Texas TV Dallas, Texas 11:00 AM CT
10/24/09 at Kansas TV Lawrence, Kan. TBA
10/31/09 vs. Kansas State TV Norman TBA
11/07/09 at Nebraska TV Lincoln, Neb. TBA
11/14/09 vs. Texas A&M TV Norman TBA
11/21/09 at Texas Tech TV Lubbock, Texas TBA
11/28/09 vs. Oklahoma State TV Norman TBA
12/05/09 Big 12 Championship TV Arlington, Texas 7:00 PM CT

Average preseason rank: 3

Sooners... :shakehd:

The good news for them is that they returned Bradford and Gresham, and 9 of 11 starters on defense.
The bad news is that they replace just about their entire OLine (I believe I read somewhere that next year's projected starters have less than 10 total career starts) and WR group. Obviously Oklahoma reloads instead of rebuilding, but you have to worry about that offensive line, especially early in the season. Bradford's protection last year was just sick. He could sit back in the pocket, write a novel ,and then pass the ball (unless a Mr. Orakpo was on the field).

Despite the questions, Stoops is a good coach and they should be contenders. As it goes just about every year, it really will come down to that October weekend in Dallas.

Getting OK State at home is a blessing for OU. At Tech late in the season could be a test, as could @ Miami early. I actually think they have a better chance of dropping the game in Miami than Lubbock, but OU should be a heavy favorite in both.

All homerism aside, I'd say the Shootout is a coin flip. Miami and Tech are pretty strong OU leans. OK State is a decent OU lean but defintiely not a given. Kansas, Nebraska and BYU could give them a run.

I think it all really depends on if and when that OLine gels.

I don't think they'll make it unscathed. I do think they will drop one of the games other than Texas. I think Texas/OU is a tossup. Unfortunately I can't vote for 10.5-1.5, so I'll go with 10-2. :hihi:

10-2

Losses coming aginst Miami and Texas. I'd love to see Tech avenge that shallacking they took last year, but I don't think that'll happen. The Miami loss is a long shot but I have a feeling.

only 2 teams that have a shot at beating OU and thats Texas and A&M
I think a more experienced Bradford and 9 0f 11 starters returning on defense, put OU in the BIG12 CG with 0 looses.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom