2009 Regular season record prediction poll - Oregon Ducks (1 Viewer)

UO 2009

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thu, Sep 03 Boise State at Boise, Idaho 7:15 PM ESPN
Sat, Sep 12 Purdue Eugene, Ore. 7:15 PM FSN
Sat, Sep 19 Utah Eugene, Ore. 12:30 PM ESPN
Sat, Sep 26 California Eugene, Ore. 12:30 PM ABC
Sat, Oct 03 Washington State Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat, Oct 10 UCLA at Los Angeles, Calif. TBA
Sat, Oct 24 Washington at Seattle, Wash. TBA
Sat, Oct 31 USC Eugene, Ore. 5:00 PM ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
Sat, Nov 07 Stanford at Palo Alto, Calif. TBA
Sat, Nov 14 Arizona State Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat, Nov 21 Arizona at Tucson, Ariz. TBA
Thu, Dec 03 Oregon State Eugene, Ore. 6:00 PM ESPN

Average preseason ranking: 12

Oregon lost a bunch of starters, including their best RB and two of their top WRs. They also lost a couple of top guys in the secondary. That being said, they still have a stud RB in the wings, and their defense was pretty atrocious last year, so they might not be huge losses. Still, lots of turnover.

The one thing that's always been true about Oregon is that they're well coached and they play above their talent level. With a new, first year coach ,will this stay the same? Who knows. This team is pretty hard to nail down right now. Lots of turnover, new coach, but a team with pretty good talent, a solid returning QB, and a great home field advantage.

The Boise game is a great early season game. I have them winning, but it's as close to a "pick 'em" as they come, IMO, especially on the road.

I love their OOC schedule. Purdue and Utah. Both are games they could drop, but they should be favored. I'm thinking they'll go 1-2 or 2-1 in the first three. Then they've got a Pac-10 that seems to be on the rise. Cal and USC will obvoiusly be big tests. Arizona and Oregon State appear to be teams on the rise that could present challenges.

I see anywhere between 1-4 losses in conference... a wide range but this is an unpredictable team.

I'm going to go with a relatively disappointing 8-4, but could see anything from 10-2 to 6-6.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom