2009 Regular season record prediction poll - Penn State Nittany Lions (1 Viewer)

PSU 2009

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
September 5 Akron Home 12:00 p.m.
September 12 Syracuse Home 12:00 p.m.
September 19 Temple Home 12:00 p.m.
September 26 Iowa Home 8:00 p.m.
October 3 Illinois Away
October 10 Eastern Illinois Home
October 17 Minnesota(2) Home 3:30 p.m.
October 24 Michigan Away
October 31 Northwestern Away 4:30 p.m.
November 7 Ohio State Home
November 14 Indiana Home
November 21 Michigan State Away

Average pre-season rank: 11

Discuss..

OP
Loose Cannon

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
PSU is the consensus 2nd best team in the Big Ten, which is like being the second best girl in a donkey show in Tijuana. Nonetheless, someone from that terrible conference will get a BCS bid, and PSU hopes it will be them.

They lost their entire secondary and both ends. I remember hearing somewhere that they lost like 16 starters. I can't fathom how a team can be picked to be 2nd best in their conference losing that many guys. Oh wait, yeah I can, it's the Big Ten. :shrug:.

Fortunately for Penn State, their schedule is an absolute abomination.

Loss to Ohio State appears probable.

Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan State could challenge. Remember that Iowa is the team that beat PSU last second last year to (thankfully) knock them out of contention for the BCS title game. College football fans will forever thank Kirk Ferentz for that.

I see PSU being very mediocre this year, but putting up a decent record due to a creampuff schedule. Loss to tOSU. Two conference losses. 9-3 and a bowl embarassment at the hands of the #3 or #4 team from the Big XII or SEC. There are not enough Pounders in the world for this team to be a real contender.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
It would not surprise me one bit to see PSU loose four games, but I think that three is the safe bet. Knowing them, they go undefeated and get a trip to the Rose Bowl for a 40 point loss to SC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom