2009 Regular season record prediction poll - Tennessee Volunteers (1 Viewer)

Tennessee 2009

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This one's for you Everett

9/05/09 Western Kentucky TBA
9/12/09 UCLA TBA
9/19/09 At Florida 3:30 p.m. ET (CBS)
9/26/09 OHIO UNIVERSITY TBA
10/03/09 AUBURN TBA
10/10/09 GEORGIA TBA
10/24/09 At Alabama TBA
10/31/09 SOUTH CAROLINA TBA
11/07/09 MEMPHIS TBA
11/14/09 At Ole' Miss TBA
11/21/09 VANDERBILT TBA
11/28/09 At Kentucky TBA

Losses to Florida, Georgia, Bama, Ole Miss are just about foregone conclusions. I'll say they steal one somehow and go 1-3.

They're too young and I see them dropping 1-2 games outside of the above mentioned.

Torn between 4 and 5 losses. Going with 5.

Its hard to say because there are so many questions, but I do think Tennessee will be better than they were last year. I think 7-5 or 8-4 is a realistic "good season" for us.
They are going to be clear underdogs in at least 3 games: Florida, Bama, Ole Miss. Either a clear or slight underdog against Georgia, while UCLA, Auburn, and South Carolina are basically pick-ems.

Its hard to say because there are so many questions, but I do think Tennessee will be better than they were last year. I think 7-5 or 8-4 is a realistic "good season" for us.
They are going to be clear underdogs in at least 3 games: Florida, Bama, Ole Miss. Either a clear or slight underdog against Georgia, while UCLA, Auburn, and South Carolina are basically pick-ems.

I can't imagine that Tennessee won't be at least 3-5 point favorites against UCLA and SC.

I can't imagine that Tennessee won't be at least 3-5 point favorites against UCLA and SC.

I think for sure they will be against UCLA. Against USCe I am not as sure. They could also be favorites against Auburn.
The question marks on offense for Tennessee are everywhere. Can we get average play from our QB? Will our OL show any improvement over last year's putrid play. Can our WRs improve their consistency? I think we have some real talent in places, particularly at RB - but a lot of the talent is young. And then there is the question of whether we will get the ball to our playmakers - which we have largely been incapable of doing over the last few years.

Defense has a lot of questions as well, particularly up front. We have long lost our dominance on the line, and for the first time in quite a while we don;t seem to have anything special at LB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom