2009 Regular season record prediction poll - USC Trojans (1 Viewer)

USC 2009

• Total voters
I'd also like to add:

The SEC has the biggest TV contract in the history of college athletics and the league really has just one Top 10 TV market (Atlanta).

Where's the PAC10's contract with their unbelievably huge TV markets out there? You know, since those of you on this board try to pretend like they are equal and/or superior to the SEC and all... Who's willing to put up billions to back that bet up?

Precisely. They just can't measure up.

If USC's schedule is soooo tough, then how come they keep getting beaten out by SEC teams with similar records for the national championship game? The only year they beat out an SEC team for the national championship was when they were undefeated and were going against nobody Awbarn. This also happened the year after LSU beat out USC and the media convinced the whole country that USC got the shaft, when all statistics and measurements from that year clearly show LSU deserved it more. But let's not open that can of worms.

How many times has an SEC team got into the national championship game over USC, when USC had a similar record? LSU did it twice for their two championships. Didn't USC have one loss last year? I can't remember, if so then Florida did it last year and I think the year before.

USC is a good team that plays in a crap conference. That's why they must schedule Ohio State's and ND's. Both of those teams have been exposed in recent years though.

Bow down before SEC superiority.

USC is 4-0 against the SEC in the last decade. :shrug:

jesus christ, i really hate "SEC FAN"

For real. I really have to believe that VVExtreme is the most well-crafted troll in SR history. He can't be real. There's just no way he's a real person. The whole declaring a "we" as a conference just takes it beyond believability.

Props to you, real person behind the VVExtreme Alias.

God, what I'd give to be a student at Oregon on Halloween night when the Trojan horse rolls into Autzen.

You're an LSU fan, right? Why do you care what Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc. do? They are your competition. Chanting SEC and cheerleading your enemies is one of the most disturbing trends in college football. As an LSU fan, don't you hate most of those other teams? And then you turn around and say "we"? They are not your friends.

And you say "ya'll are out winning emerald bowls" like my team is playing or cares about the Emerald Bowl. I'm too busy winning the Texas Bowl to care about that :)

While ya'll are out winning emerald bowls, we're too busy winning national championships to notice or care!

As Laurence Fishburne said in Biker Boyz, "Don't mean nothing without the crown!"

How about this stat? Since 2000, SEC National Titles = 4, PAC10 National Titles = 1.

PAC10 needs to try to step to the Big12 first before trying to step to the SEC. The Big12 has two, and they are the second highest conference in terms of national championships this decade.

And guess what, the SEC is just getting started too...

The SEC has won 3 out of the last 3 national titles and is favored to make it four in a row this year... how about that for dominance?

"When you step to me kid, you better come correct."
Are you talking SEC dominance or Florida dominance? Don't confuse the two.

and how come when #1 LSU loses to unranked Arkansas or unranked Kentucky its "SEC dominance" but when USC loses to Oregon St. its "proof that the Pac10 sucks".

The SEC's recently finalized 15-year, $3 billion deal with CBS, ESPN and others proves that the SEC is king baby! It is the longest TV deal in the history of sports and shows the staying power of SEC dominance. They put their money on the SEC, not the PAC10.

Have fun fighting for our scraps.
All this means is that the SEC was smart enough to not make its own television station and was able to parlay Florida and Tim Tebow's popularity into a record breaking deal with ESPN. It doesn't prove the SEC is king. It proves that the SEC is financially smart and plays its cards correctly.

USC is 4-0 against the SEC in the last decade. :shrug:

1. We are talking about USC's strength of schedule, they can't play themselves.
2. I never said USC wasn't a good team, they are. One team does not make a conference.
3. The PAC10 still sucks donkey balls, even with USC.
4. So the best team in the PAC10 beat friggin Arkansas and Awbarn? Wow! Great stat there buddy! That REALLY means something!

Seriously, why even try? Why waste our time by pulling out meaningless stats are trying to twist them into something they are not? Everyone on this board knows USC has had some really awesome teams this decade. No one has denied that. They have received better records than they would have received if playing in the SEC and got more exposure as a result, but it also cost them several trips to the national championship game too than if they had the same record in the SEC.

Any more mentally challenged stats ya'll want to throw out? You can't seriously act like the PAC10 has had a better conference this decade than the SEC, and as a result, USC typically has softer schedules. It also cost them numerous times when it came time for bowl selections this last decade and that's a fact. Why even waste our time arguing about it?

You're an LSU fan, right? Why do you care what Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc. do? They are your competition. Chanting SEC and cheerleading your enemies is one of the most disturbing trends in college football. As an LSU fan, don't you hate most of those other teams? And then you turn around and say "we"? They are not your friends.

And you say "ya'll are out winning emerald bowls" like my team is playing or cares about the Emerald Bowl. I'm too busy winning the Texas Bowl to care about that :)

Are you talking SEC dominance or Florida dominance? Don't confuse the two.

and how come when #1 LSU loses to unranked Arkansas or unranked Kentucky its "SEC dominance" but when USC loses to Oregon St. its "proof that the Pac10 sucks".

All this means is that the SEC was smart enough to not make its own television station and was able to parlay Florida and Tim Tebow's popularity into a record breaking deal with ESPN. It doesn't prove the SEC is king. It proves that the SEC is financially smart and plays its cards correctly.

Why do I care about my conference that I play in? Well guess I need to spell it out for ya, but it's pretty obvious.

1. My team is LSU, and they have won two national championships as a result of their strength of schedule. Had they won any other conference, they wouldn't have made it to the national championship game. LSU has benefitted greatly as a result of our conference superiority.

2. The SEC's recently finalized 15-year, $3 billion deal with CBS, ESPN and others proves why it pays to be in the best conference in America. And all of that despite having really small tv markets in the southeast. You don't think Florida winning the national championship didnt help out LSU too? Face it, we're all a family and we benefit together as a family. Concept is extremely simple. And you aren't going to sell a worthless product to ESPN for billions of dollars. They aren't going to spend that kind of change on a 15 year contract based on a single player who is graduating this year... Get real.

3. Having great teams in your conference means you get to watch great football on the weekends.

4. Top recruits want to play in the SEC. That helps your school even more.

5. The list goes on and on and on.

Florida only has half the national titles. LSU has the other half this decade... Quit talking like all the SEC has is Florida. We are not the PAC10.

The SEC dominance extends beyond that, but that's our best examples of course. This isn't rocket science people. The SEC has clearly been the best conference this decade, and every school in the SEC has benefitted from that affiliation.

As an LSU fan, I root for the rest of the SEC to lose every game played. In conference games, I hope for the weaker team to pull the upset. The only time I ever root for a team that I hate is when it directly benefits LSU, individually, not LSU, member of the SEC.

While I agree the SEC is the best conference with the best football, I don't necessarily wish that were the case.

Hate it or love it, the SEC is the most dominant conference in CFB.. But the haters are going to hate.. Thats what they do.. So just sit back and laugh while we dominate this year too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom