2009 Saints at Redskins Highlights (1 Viewer)

Living in the Buffalo area, there aren’t many Saints fans at bars on NFL Sundays. I vividly remember this game causing some funny looks toward the only Who Dat in the place. Everyone got a shot of Bushmills (for Reggie) after that Hartley FG in OT.
Where were you watching? I was in my apartment in Cheektowaga watching on a stream on my laptap since that wasn't a game that was going to be on TV up there....

Couple things:

1) that play by Meachem right before the half has to be one of the best plays in history. The only thing keeping it from the all time record books is that it didn’t happen in a playoff game. Absolutely incredible awareness by him. And he was definitely the MVP of the game.

2) this shows the uncanny propensity of our team letting other teams who have no business hanging with us, hang with us. It has been a consistent narrative throughout the last 15 years. Honestly how many times have we let teams like the Browns/Jets/Dolphins hang with us when they shouldn’t have? We were 11-0 facing a 3-8 team and it took a miracle to win it. That happens to us way too often.

Couple things:

2) this shows the uncanny propensity of our team letting other teams who have no business hanging with us, hang with us. It has been a consistent narrative throughout the last 15 years. Honestly how many times have we let teams like the Browns/Jets/Dolphins hang with us when they shouldn’t have? We were 11-0 facing a 3-8 team and it took a miracle to win it. That happens to us way too often.

This shows it isn't college football. a 3-8 NFL team can beat an 11-0 NFL team any Sunday. This game was not Slippery Rock vs Alabama

This shows it isn't college football. a 3-8 NFL team can beat an 11-0 NFL team any Sunday. This game was not Slippery Rock vs Alabama

That’s fair. No matter how hard Vegas tries, parity still exists in the NFL.

It just seems kinda par for the course for us. We can get up 21-0 on a mediocre team and still have to rely on a last second field goal. I think Payton has a tendency to take the foot off the pedal a bit.

It just seems kinda par for the course for us. We can get up 21-0 on a mediocre team and still have to rely on a last second field goal. I think Payton has a tendency to take the foot off the pedal a bit.

The 09 Skins finished 4-12, but 8 of those losses were a TD or less. A few plays in every game, they could have been 12-4 and
Division champs. Talent wasn't the issue, it was a mindset. It just goes to show the difference between a SB champion and a team
drafting in the top 5 is razor thin.

I went to the game alone, drove down from Philadelphia. I got a single ticket, lower level - great seat - in a sea of Redskins fans, all season ticket holders who knew each other. It happened to be right where the "Unknown Who Dat" made his appearance and right in from of where Meachum stole the ball. I was razzing the Redskins fans the entire game.....I had to stay sober because I had to drive back to Philly alone after the game. They did not have to stay sober. When the Saints were down big and they were asking if I was "worried" yet.....I just told them no, looked at the scoreboard and told them, "I don't know if there's enough time left for us to beat you in regulation or it will go to Overtime, but the Saints will beat you." They laughed and razzed me back, they slowly started to fade away as the end of the game neared......it was beautiful.

If you'll remember it was cold that day because it had snowed almost all day the day before.

The lights at the stadium lean forward over the crowd and the catwalks had a buildup of snow that slowly melted through the afternoon. I know because I was sitting right under one of the lights and there was a constant drip from it.

Having seats on the shady side of the stadium didn't help either.

There are 2 things I remember about that day (the 2nd I will never live down)....

1) We (my wife and 2 preteen boys) had to split up as we got 2 free tickets in the upper level from a friend and 2 lower tickets. The first half my son Tommy and I were in the lower ticket level, folks were very friendly. We switched at halftime and my wife was like, there are some real a-holes up there. Up we went and there were more than a few drunken Skins fans in the section we were in, they started to taunt my son (Saints jersey), really nasty. I turned around and was about to say something when some other Skins fans (2 really big guys) told those idiots to shut up or else. I thanked them and they basically apologized for the other fans behaviour, really nice, cool guys....

2) We left early to beat the traffic thinking the game was lost (it was 98.8 chance based on the score and time that the Skins would win), so yeah, that was a mistake, my wife and boys tease me about it to this day.....

That was a great season, will never forget it....

We were in bad shape at corner this game. Mike McKenzie ( way past his prime ), chris McCalister, and Jenkins were pretty bad and it showed. Different game if porter and Greer had been starting.

So nobody thought video would be useful for this stroll down memory lane? SR is definitely slipping...

saints had no business winning that game. and still did. redskins ball at the 4 yardline with under 2 mins to go. chip shot FG to be up by 10. shank.

then a 58 yarder by hartley on that terrible field to try and end it in regulation was ballsy.

vilma and mcalister coming up clutch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom