2009 Saints ranked top Superbowl Champions of the last 10 years (1 Viewer)

Opened in "private browser" mode and voted a few times. :) Just in case they were throwing out re-votes. :)

Yes.. I'm a homer. But truthfully, go back and look at that game play by play.. it was just a beautiful game!

I didn't think the first half was very beautiful.

Bill, as much as the media tried to make us the feel good story of 2009 to suit their needs, I disagree. Now 2006, return to the Dome after a horrendous natural disaster, winning the division by going 10-6 after sinking to 3-13 the previous season = feel good story.

In 2009, the Saints were a team that kicked most opponents' *** during that SB run. It only felt good to us - there was butthurt flowing through several other parts of the country. :hihi:

True, there were times prior to the 2009 championship run that people may have been more emotionally tied to us, but you have to agree that in the eyes of many the Saints were still the 'sad sacks' of the league because of their football history waaaaaay before the Katrina disaster. Then after Katrina those who adopted the Saints and felt for the city & fans didn't suddenly turn on the team simply because they steamrolled through their schedule and the playoffs. Watching the Saints elevate themselves so quickly after the pits of despair still made us the 'feel good' story to the masses as well as the media.

Proof of this is that I spent the week prior to Superbowl 44 on the ski slopes in Summit County, Colorado. I proudly skied while wearing my Saints jacket that entire week. I completely lost count of how many people from all over the country (and overseas) came up to me and told me that they had adopted the Saints as their 'second team' and would be pulling for us against the Colts in Miami.

It was obvious to me that all these people were still admiring the Saints for what they had accomplished against so many odds. Yet even if Katrina had never happened, these same people would likely have 'felt good' about seeing a former perennial loser finally climb to the heights of Superbowl glory.

Yes, the 2009 New Orleans Saints were STILL the feel good story of the NFL for many football fans at that time. However, once the Saints had completed the story with that Superbowl victory in Miami, I'm sure that most of those folks who were happy to witness the Saints get their shot were then ready to see us fade off into obscurity. This would especially be true if they had been taken in by Roger-gate.

Thus any success the Saints have in the future will now be enjoyed only by genuine Saints fans.
We will NEVER see that kind of emotional support from others ever again.

It was the highest margin of victory SB in that 10 year period. We played against a QB who has won before and against clearly the best other team in the league. We had 13 regular season wins which is the most of any team on that list except the 2003-2004 Patriots, who have a few other things going against them: their margin of victory is each game was only 3 points, they played the hapless Panthers and Eagles, and any votes they do get will likely be split between the 2 years. The 2000-2002 champs might have provided more competition.

I think it's pretty cut and dry.. I mean, you had 2 teams that were 13-0 at one point in the regular season, both #1 seeds in the playoffs, and quite possibly one of the most perfectly played Super Bowls ever! You had only 2 blatant dropped passes, one by each team. The rest of the game showed why both QB's were the best in the business.. surgical drives back and forth until one QB made a devastating error. No penalties by either side to speak of.

Yes.. I'm a homer. But truthfully, go back and look at that game play by play.. it was just a beautiful game!

^^^ Quoted for truth! :9:

:plus-un2:

True, there were times prior to the 2009 championship run that people may have been more emotionally tied to us, but you have to agree that in the eyes of many the Saints were still the 'sad sacks' of the league because of their football history waaaaaay before the Katrina disaster. Then after Katrina those who adopted the Saints and felt for the city & fans didn't suddenly turn on the team simply because they steamrolled through their schedule and the playoffs. Watching the Saints elevate themselves so quickly after the pits of despair still made us the 'feel good' story to the masses as well as the media.

Proof of this is that I spent the week prior to Superbowl 44 on the ski slopes in Summit County, Colorado. I proudly skied while wearing my Saints jacket that entire week. I completely lost count of how many people from all over the country (and overseas) came up to me and told me that they had adopted the Saints as their 'second team' and would be pulling for us against the Colts in Miami.

It was obvious to me that all these people were still admiring the Saints for what they had accomplished against so many odds. Yet even if Katrina had never happened, these same people would likely have 'felt good' about seeing a former perennial loser finally climb to the heights of Superbowl glory.

Yes, the 2009 New Orleans Saints were STILL the feel good story of the NFL for many football fans at that time. However, once the Saints had completed the story with that Superbowl victory in Miami, I'm sure that most of those folks who were happy to witness the Saints get their shot were then ready to see us fade off into obscurity. This would especially be true if they had been taken in by Roger-gate.

Thus any success the Saints have in the future will now be enjoyed only by genuine Saints fans.
We will NEVER see that kind of emotional support from others ever again.

Good story. :9:

All those stories about Drew Brees and Jonathan Vilma trying to outsmart each other in practice really came out in the Super Bowl.

It is so fun watching Jonathan Vilma's and Peyton Manning's audibles at the line. If you have the video, I recommend checking this out. The plays Peyton Manning runs versus the defense ran. I must have rewound the video 100s of times trying to break it down.

Wow. I'm suprised at the respect given. The rest of the county hates on us so much so I'm shocked to see this.

I think much like the media portrays our country so eager to follow the leader, they like to make us think the nation dislikes New Orleans.

Who Dat?!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom