2009 Saints vs Now (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Since I’m the one to keep breaking the ice and say what most is thinking I’m go ahead and say it Drew’s worse statistical year we won the SuperBowl!! All those Drew lovers who praise those stats he’s holding the team back. Great regular season games yes but when it counts NO!
2009 Saints were a balanced team
But tbh mostly our defense was the reason we won it all!! The Vikings game we stalled and should’ve lost. The defense gave our offense the ball off 6 Vikings turnovers and what we do stall as usual so today’s slow offense in big games is not something new... Not gone even mention the Super Bowl although that was a strong Colts team our opportunistic Defense delivered again and Brees woke up second half we won. Next year Sean Payton with a avg Qb might be everything and just keep Jeff Ireland special skill at picking talent bcas we all know SP don’t have that eye!! So all the Drew fans you’re not Saints fans bcas your team should be priority NOT one guy!! Who Dat for Life since 1987

Since I’m the one to keep breaking the ice and say what most is thinking I’m go ahead and say it Drew’s worse statistical year we won the SuperBowl!! All those Drew lovers who praise those stats he’s holding the team back. Great regular season games yes but when it counts NO!
But tbh mostly our defense was the reason we won it all!! The Vikings game we stalled and should’ve lost. The defense gave our offense the ball off 6 Vikings turnovers and what we do stall as usual so today’s slow offense in big games is not something new... Not gone even mention the Super Bowl although that was a strong Colts team our opportunistic Defense delivered again and Brees woke up second half we won. Next year Sean Payton with a avg Qb might be everything and just keep Jeff Ireland special skill at picking talent bcas we all know SP don’t have that eye!! So all the Drew fans you’re not Saints fans bcas your team should be priority NOT one guy!! Who Dat for Life since 1987

Yeah...........no!

FALSE! 2009 was not statistically his worst year. 2009 he had his 4th highest passer rating of his entire career. In order:
2019: 116.3
2018: 115.7
2011: 110.6
2009: 109.6

The 2009 defense wasn't great at anything, except turnovers. That and Sharper playing out of his mind that year. I think the saints had something like 26 Ints that season and I want to say...5? ints returned for TDs.

It's one thing for someone to want to move on from Drew Brees.

But I really don't understand this fixation that some people seem to have with wanting to bury his legacy.

Man what are you smoking?
That took my reading comprehension skills to the next level for sure, but coming here with assumptions without facts isn't a good idea. We are full of stats and facts around here, not what we "think" when chasing the dragon.

I can't blame Drew or even the D on this lost(because they didn't bale us out like they did in the 2009 NFCCG)
Two of the three loses prior to this years versions were flukes: a ignored PI, and that missed tackle by Williams.

This year it was the fumble by Cook who played with an attitude all season that totally turned the game around.
Perhaps a younger DB could have brought us back, but he couldn't and the turnovers killed us. and the D wore down.

You have to remember where some of the turnovers occurred. One occurred right before halftime near our goalline. One occurred as time expired in regulstion.

Put 2009 Drew Brees on the 2020 Saints and it’s probably the best team in modern NFL history.

I've been fairly vocal about the 'Drew has been what killed the team in the playoffs' for a bit now, but 2009 definitely wasn't it. Not even close. You probably don't win a SB without him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom