2009 Saints (1 Viewer)

2fatD-tackles

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I just finished watching NFL yearbook on the 2009 season (again). What an incredible season that was, and in my opinion will never be topped.

I recall at the end of the 2008 season after the final game of the 8-8 year saying to my then girlfriend, and now my wife, that our time was now and that if we never won a Superbowl with Drew at the helm and SP as our coach, that it would never happen. As I said that though, I was eerily optimistic about the upcoming '09 season. I loved our team. Our roster. I knew we had it in us. I have a similar feeling again now.

I love the Rob Ryan hiring - i think it was absolutely the right move (along with hopefully adding E Reed). If we nail it on draft day too (stud DE/OLB or I know it is not our biggest need, but would love to add an explosive WR) we would be well positioned to make a run again.

If you haven't relived the 2009 season in a while, do yourself a favor and watch some videos again. You will love love that team.

I just finished watching NFL yearbook on the 2009 season (again). What an incredible season that was, and in my opinion will never be topped.

I recall at the end of the 2008 season after the final game of the 8-8 year saying to my then girlfriend, and now my wife, that our time was now and that if we never won a Superbowl with Drew at the helm and SP as our coach, that it would never happen. As I said that though, I was eerily optimistic about the upcoming '09 season. I loved our team. Our roster. I knew we had it in us. I have a similar feeling again now.

I love the Rob Ryan hiring - i think it was absolutely the right move (along with hopefully adding E Reed). If we nail it on draft day too (stud DE/OLB or I know it is not our biggest need, but would love to add an explosive WR) we would be well positioned to make a run again.

If you haven't relived the 2009 season in a while, do yourself a favor and watch some videos again. You will love love that team.

I hope you're right man, lots of uncertainty right now. But winning a second Super Bowl would make up for all the bs that we've been through the past year! Let's hope the Sean P. and Rob Ryan combo turns out to be a great fit. Who Dat

we are headed the right way, but might take two years to get back, we play the west next year and they are tough defenses, and our D is in rebuild

we are headed the right way, but might take two years to get back, we play the west next year and they are tough defenses, and our D is in rebuild

You're right about the tough defenses, but everyone said that about the teams we faced in 2009, too. After coming off the 2008 season at 8-8, we played:

AFC West:
New England (11-5 in 08)
Miami (11-5 in 08)
NY Jets (9-7)
Buffalo (7-9)

and

NFC East:
NY Giants (12-4 in 08)
Philly (9-6-1)
Dallas (9-7)
Washington (8-8)

Not to mention, Carolina twice (12-4 in 08) and Atlanta twice (11-5). Tampa twice (9-7).

The only two "easy" games were Detroit (coming off the 0-16 year) and St. Louis (2-14).

We played only 3 teams with a worse record than ours. I remember going into the season thinking that it would be a really hard year with all the teams we faced. Point is you really don't know, we've all been pleasantly surprised before.

In this league if you wanna be the best you gotta be the best. Not worried about the schedule this year or ever, if we really wanna be the team we think we can be then we should be able to beat most of the teams we play, nuff said.

I love to be optimistic about next year but the defense still has me worried from what I heard you can&#8217;t change to a 3/4 defense over night. I will be absolutely shocked if we don&#8217;t make it to the playoffs next year though. They have a huge chip on their shoulder and that is great for motivation and Sean Payton said he is handling this like it&#8217;s his first year again. I have no doubt Sean will get this team back on track. I think the biggest thing the Saints lacked last year apart from defense was Sean Payton&#8217;s motivation. I remember back in that 2009 NFC Championship game just before Garret Hartley&#8217;s field goal kick to win the game. Sean said to him &#8220;You are going to make this field goal, you know why? Because you deserve to be here.&#8221; I don&#8217;t know about you but that would give me extra fuel to do the job. Something the Saints didn&#8217;t have at all last year and it showed on all their faces. <O:p</O:p

I remember during the 2009 year, before it even started Jammal Brown was out for the year. So that means we get an unproven guy taking his place in Jermon Bushrod. During the Detroit game, he got hurt. Man was I worried, but he came back in the game and the rest is history.

Watching the 2009 season is better that the best anti-depressent on the market and it's free. I'm watching the 2009 NE game right now. It's 24-10 early in the third quarter and the game is almost over. What a season. I'm glad my dad lived long enough to see it. I wish Buddy D. could have seen it.

As an aside, I think we should petition the Vatican to make Buddy D. a saint. He would be St Bernard.

That Dolphins game always comes to mind when i think of that season for some reason.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom