2009 - Week 7 - NO at MIA (1 Viewer)

CDThe1

Classic Games
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oct. 25, 2009 - a pivotal game in the season and in Saints history. The Saints are 5-0, scoring 38.4 points per game. They travel to Miami to take on the 2-3 Dolphins.

Coming into the game, the Saints had never been on the trailing end of the scoreboard. This would be their first big test in that aspect. Down by 21, this comeback equals the largest in Saints history (vs. Cincinnati on Dec. 20, 1987).

1st Half:

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78xrqvY__cY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2nd Half:

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G-YaErQ3Nrw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

True story: I had actually come to grips with what I thought was our first loss of the season. It was 24-3; Drew hadn't scored on the 4th down dive yet. I decided to take a shower and cool off a bit. By the time I got out, he had scored and the defense was on the field. Barely had dried off and Sharper took it to the house. What a game! :9:

I live in FL and was at this game. Saints fans were outnumbered at least 10 to 1, but we took over that damn stadium. As the Saints started coming back, the noise and energy intensified, and I think gave us the strongest feeling that this entire season would be something special, maybe along with Meach's play on the skins. It really looked like the fins matched up well and had our number that game. And then our whole team just took it to another level. Offense, D, and special teams.
Drew's 4th down dive (even though I still think Colston scored on the play before), and whatever Payton said to the team at half, had these guys playing out of their mind. The D started anticipating plays before they fully developed. Really a tale of 2 halves.
I will never forget the feeling of being at this game. We second lined through their stadium after the game was over. If you haven't heard, fins fans are obnoxious and very sore losers. Most of them had darted before the game was over. A group of them had stayed to talk **** and start fights. One fins fan jumped on top a table to yell and curse at everyone. One Saints fan got up there and decked him, out cold. fins fans left and Saints continued to parade throughout the stadium for about another hour.

This is one of my favorite games of the season from that year! For some reason, I feel we are going to have another great year! Go Saints!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom