2010 NFL draft moved to primetime...Now 3 days long (1 Viewer)

The longer they have the draft, the better. I'm a draft nut.

i agree..The NFL draft will be moved to primetime for the first time in 2010.

The first round will start on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET. The second and third rounds will resume on Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m., with Rounds 4-7 picking up at 10:00 a.m. Saturday.

Goddell has slowly done his best to try and ruin the draft for fans.

I really just wish they would leave the draft alone. I liked it fine on Saturdays.

Last edited:
In the past I really enjoyed the draft.......two days of pure football fun. I would literally set aside draft weekend to watch from beginning to end. I enjoy watching where the college stars end up and seeing which players the Saints draft. But this last draft with starting it later, running it later, and seemingly just dragging it out was too much. Having less time between picks helped but even a draft die hard like myself was bound to give up before it ended (which I did). Three days is just going to be overexposure. Mel Kiper is alright in small doses....by day three I suspect football fans will be shooting their TVs......

I personally miss waking up at like 11 o clock on saturday and have the draft starting right then. And I may be in the minority here, but I miss the first round going on for like 5 to 6 hours. You just chill and watch the draft all day. This night thing sucks imo. The draft used to be like an all day thing, not this. Ugh, I hate it.

Last edited:
They really think going head to head with the NBA Playoffs is smart and that they will win LOL. A Draft vs A Game? We talking bout DRAFTIN!!!!!! not a game, Draftin, come on man. Draftin

This sucks for draft fest. The last few years we have had a great turnout. I can't see how it will be as successful on a Thursday when most people are at work and kids are in school, that is if they even choose to have it anymore.

Last edited:
I hate the new format, and I hated this past year. This was always a weekend I told the wife she was on her own. I would lock myself in a room with pizza, alcohol and a computer.

I like the shortened time between picks, but a Day 1 pick should be Rounds 1-3.

To be fair - part of the reason last sucked was the lack of Saints picks.

There is something special about football on sundays for me even if it is the draft. I dont mind the 3 day format, but i totally agree that it should start on friday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom