2010 NFL draft moved to primetime...Now 3 days long (1 Viewer)

eh, who cares..

Yep. The Saints aren't going to be picking until 2am on Friday anyway (or whenever the last pick of the first round is). Besides, I'm pretty sure they're going to draft the same player(s) whether I am watching on TV or not.

this is a most horrible idea...for the past five or six years we have our annual draft day crawfish boil with me and my mates...Saturday is the most perfect time for this...i am completely distraught. This may sound ludicrous, but, i think i may boycott this.

You'll still watch. They know we'll all still watch. More ratings, more commercial dollars, more money.

I disagree with, "the people will still watch" sentiment. Basically, what they're doing is completely dismissing rounds 2-7, IMO. The casual fan will not stay home from doing something fun, like JazzFest, for backup players. The people that did stay home to watch the 1st round of the draft instead of doing something else will probably do something else now.

Don't be surprised to see this last one time and that's it.

IMO, they are overthinking this.

I'll still watch it, but I like it better on Saturday.

What's next, Pay Per View? :jpshakehead:

This is the stupidest thing I've heard so far this year. Who's running this league these days!

This is dumb. Leave the draft alone! The draft starting on a Thursday. Are you kidding me? Thursday? :idunno:

i think the league will be happy they did this because they'll make more money, but as a fan I hate it. the draft on saturday was an event, almost like christmas in april. on thursday it's just not the same.

didn't like it when they first announced the idea months ago, but i'll give it a chance. maybe even take off work that friday and just enjoy the weekend.

The whole league is becoming a joke on Roger's watch. I hate to be that cynical about it, but this is just another example of things changing for the worse.

Hate it

I completely hate it. What about those peoplw with kids? As soon as they get home from work, they have to feed and probably bathe them and get them off to bed. Not enough time for watching all night.

It is on a Thursday night. I relunctly give up my tv on Thursday nights for Grey's Anatomy and Survivor to my family, all for" peace of mind of course"

Yeah I can DVR it, but I rather watch it live.

I like it on Saturday and Sunday. An all day event w/ my buddies, wife is shopping, beer and bar be que. It was great.

What about the poor athletes who are projected to go 1st round and are invited to New York, what if they don't get picked in the first round, man talk about anxiety and having to suffer thru a night.

Friday night might be hard for some people, My buddy has date night (w/ his wife ) on Fridays, it might be hard for him to see what is going on in the next 2 rounds.

Keeping it exciting over 3 days is asking alot, I know the true hardcore fans will watch but there is alot going

I predict this is changed for one year and then moved back to something like 2009 for the future. If this is about ratings, the NFL will get numbers back that will make them shake their heads.
And did they even think about the live crowd? That will suffer too.
An interesting idea in theory, but this will not work long term. Too much competition for your entertainment time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom