2011 Offense vs 2018 Offense (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Which do you guys think was better? The 2018 offense had the 3rd highest Points Per Drive of all time, but for me, the 2011 offense just seemed better.

I think in 2011, the overall offensive cast was better from top to bottom (Graham, Sproles, Pierre, Ingram, Colston, Henderson, Moore, great OL), but 2018 has greater talent at a couple spots (Thomas @ WR, Kamara @ RB). We were definitely less defensible then I think.

2011. We lacked a true slot receiver and tight end last year. On the flip side of that, 2018 defense was better than 2011.

I remember this discussion starting during the middle of the season, and most picked the 2018 offense (of course that was before we were exposed). The 2011 offense will always be legendary. Pure talent from top to bottom.
I think if we make a few good moves this off-season, we can rival the 2011 offense.

I remember this discussion starting during the middle of the season, and most picked the 2018 offense (of course that was before we were exposed).

I'm not sure that we were "exposed" as much as imploded. It was a lot of pressure on TQS and KK in their rookie seasons. But yes, give me the 2011 offensive lineup with Colston/Meachem/Moore/Henderson/Graham/Shockey/Bush/PT even so.

I'm not sure that we were "exposed" as much as imploded. It was a lot of pressure on TQS and KK in their rookie seasons. But yes, give me the 2011 offensive lineup with Colston/Meachem/Moore/Henderson/Graham/Shockey/Bush/PT even so.
There was a video that came out after the Cowboys game showing how Dallas exposed our offense. Since then our offense wasn't the same. Considering how well we were doing before that game was amazing. Going forward I wonder if Dwayne Washington can be our version of Chris Ivory?

There was a video that came out after the Cowboys game showing how Dallas exposed our offense. Since then our offense wasn't the same. Considering how well we were doing before that game was amazing. Going forward I wonder if Dwayne Washington can be our version of Chris Ivory?

True, that Dallas game got in their heads. Again the big difference I noticed with Dallas is that they were being more physical against our receivers.

Lots of bumping off the line. They weren't allowing us to play finesse football. They also took big-time advantage off Bushrod, who can hardly move anymore. Old guy was paralyzed against their speed rushers like Randy Gregory and the other guy with the big mouth (the linebacker on Twitter whose name I forgot).

First, we all know Bushrod needs to be upgraded. The WRs like TQS (especially TQS) need to learn to man up and fight like Colston/Shockey/etc.. I heard Colston would just inflict tremendous pain on anyone trying to stop him from catching the ball. Miss that guy. Meachem, Moore and Shockey would fight you too. Jimmy Graham...not so much, but he could truck some people after the catch.

If TQS learned the art of the hand battle, I once calculated that he would have had about 7 touchdowns and 700 yards. Kirkwood's on his way. Dewayne? I wanna say that Dewayne is lighter and less physical than Ivory (220 lbs). On his few flash moments this year, I noticed a little bit of early Khiry Robinson in him. His high step, and quickness are excellent. I can't see him powering over people like Ivory though. It's hard to get a gauge on him cause he played mostly in junk time. But he is a pretty good special teamer, so he'll probably stick around to get a lot of RB practice.

True, that Dallas game got in their heads. Again the big difference I noticed with Dallas is that they were being more physical against our receivers.

Lots of bumping off the line. They weren't allowing us to play finesse football. They also took big-time advantage off Bushrod, who can hardly move anymore. Old guy was paralyzed against their speed rushers like Randy Gregory and the other guy with the big mouth (the linebacker on Twitter whose name I forgot).

First, we all know Bushrod needs to be upgraded. The WRs like TQS (especially TQS) need to learn to man up and fight like Colston/Shockey/etc.. I heard Colston would just inflict tremendous pain on anyone trying to stop him from catching the ball. Miss that guy. Meachem, Moore and Shockey would fight you too. Jimmy Graham...not so much, but he could truck some people after the catch.

If TQS learned the art of the hand battle, I once calculated that he would have had about 7 touchdowns and 700 yards. Kirkwood's on his way. Dewayne? I wanna say that Dewayne is lighter and less physical than Ivory (220 lbs). On his few flash moments this year, I noticed a little bit of early Khiry Robinson in him. His high step, and quickness are excellent. I can't see him powering over people like Ivory though. It's hard to get a gauge on him cause he played mostly in junk time. But he is a pretty good special teamer, so he'll probably stick around to get a lot of RB practice.
I agree. I call that group the elite 4. They may have not been elite individually, but they were very effective in what they were able to do as a group. Colston, Moore, Henderson & Meachem, no one could bump and run those guys or you would pay for it dearly.

What I do find interesting in that for the past two years (2017 & 2018) our WRs have struggled against Press Man coverage. This year we have tried to upgrade the position but are still having similar problems. I'm curious as to why that is?

Early on we were pretty successful with finding WRs. I'm hoping TQs rebounds in a major way. Because if not, then we'll probably waste a season or two on trying to develop him with minimal results.

I call that group the elite 4. They may have not been elite individually, but they were very effective in what they were able to do as a group. Colston, Moore, Henderson & Meachem, no one could bump and run those guys or you would pay for it dearly.

I know it's been taken, but in casual conversation I often find myself wanting to refer to the Colston, Moore, Henderson and Meachem lineup as the "4 horsemen of the apocalypse"!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom