2012 CowGirls D vs. 2013 Saints D lineup comparison (1 Viewer)

chad_moore

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
We've all be reading and comparing defenses and what R. Ryan had in the 2012 Dallas D and will/could be working with in 2013 with the Saints. So, how do our current roster players compare to those listed above in their respective positions? I realize it's impossible to say who is exactly better on one team than the other. However, I think it would create some good discussion on individuals and also a unit?

LDE: Marcus Spears / Tyrone Crawford
NT: Sean Lissemore / Brian Schaefering / Jay Ratliff
RDE: Jason Hatcher / Rob Callaway

LDE: Cameron Jordan / Tom Johnson
NT: Brodrick Bunkley / Sedrick Ellis
RDE: Akien Hicks / Will Smith / Turk McBride / Tyrunn Walker

LOLB: Anthony Spencer / Victor Butler / Kyle Wilber
LILB: Dan Connor / Brady Poppinga
RILB: Ernie Sims
ROLB: DeMarcus Ware / Alex Albright

LOLB:Junior Galette
LILB: David Hawthorne / Will Herring / Scott Shanle
RILB: Curtis Lofton/ Ramon Humber
ROLB: Martez Wilson / Jonathan Vilma / Jonathan Casillas

CB: Brandon Carr / Mike Jenkins / Morris Claiborne / Sterling Moore / Michael Coe
CB: Jabari Greer / Johnny Patrick / Patrick Robinson / Elbert Mack

SS: Danny McCray / Eric Frampton
SS: Roman Harper / Jerico Nelson

FS: Gerald Sensabaugh / Charlie Peprah
FS: Malcolm Jenkins / Rafael Bush

The ones in BLUE are obviously Cowgirl's players and the ones in RED are the players that I do NOT think will be here next year. Either due to salary or performance issues. I got the depth chart from ESPN, so I'm hoping it is pretty accurate. Although, I would think someone like IAQ should be on there and isn't!!!

So, how do we stack up? We finished 32nd and the Cowgirls finished 18th with the above mentioned players. I think aside from 3 players (Ware, Ratliff, and Spencer) we are either equal or better than in individual comparisons. Or do I just have my biased Black and Gold tinted glasses on??? Your thoughts?

So where is Corey White? Should he be where Mack is? I also think McBride might not be back. He's seems to have spent more time on the injured list than on the playing field.

As I said...I took the list from ESPN's depth chart. I'm more than happy to adjust/correct it as necessary. Just let me know what I need to do and I'll make it happen.

I think McBride could be back in a depth role. A lot will depend on how the draft and FA go. I'm not saying he's gonna make the final 53, but he should be going to camp with us. Also...we haven't been through our draft yet, so I'm sure there will be 3-4 players that get added somewhere on that depth chart for defense.

your using the cowboys ending lineup, after all the injuries, where is sean lee? IAQ was our best FS last year

mines looks like this after the draft

RDE Akiem Hicks/WIll Smith

NT Broderick Bunkley/Aubrayo Franklin/Montori Hughes

LDE Cameron Jordan/Tom Johnson/Tyrunn Walker

ROLB Junior Galette/David Bass/

RILB David Hawthorne/Jon Vilma/Zavier Gooden

LILB Curtis Lofton/Will Herring

LOLB Martez Wilson/Victor Butler/Braylon Broughton

CB(Boundary) David Amerson/Corey White

CB(Field)/Jabari Greer/Patrick Robinson/Johnny Patrick

FS Malcolm Jenkins/Isa Abdul Quddus

SS Matt Elam/Abe Elam

Red denotes Draft picks
Blue denotes FA signings

CB(Field)Patrick Robinson/Jabari Greer/Johnny Patrick

SS Matt Elam/Abe Elam

who you have at NT and RDE?

nice clip on rob ryan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is_I_6GdndM

What happened to Tez playing interior?

That was due to my personal preference for Grantham. I compared Tez and his skillset to Alex Ogletree.

In Ryans scheme i compare it to Anthony Spencer...and much like Spencer benefited from Ryans coaching i think Tez will too. So im moving him back to SOLB

Most of my draft picks are guys with high upside that need coaching. Im trusting that Ryan can develop talent.

RDE Akiem Hicks/WIll Smith

NT Broderick Bunkley/Aubrayo Franklin/Montori Hughes

CB(Field)/Jabari Greer/Patrick Robinson/Johnny Patrick

SS Matt Elam/Abe Elam

Red denotes Draft picks
Blue denotes FA signings

So...how does this lineup compare to the 2012 Cowgirls' lineup? Do we have more talent than them individually? Do we have a specific unit (LB, CB, etc.) that is better than theirs? What areas do we need to improve on to be equal to the what they played with last year?

I brought this thread into action, because a lot of people are saying Ryan never had a top 10 defense. Well, I don't think we need one....NEED is the key word here. I think if we have a Defense ranked in the 14-18th area and with our Offense (which is lightyears better than Dallas, Cleveland, or Oakland EVER had) we should see a 11-12 win season. Thoughts?

So...how does this lineup compare to the 2012 Cowgirls' lineup? Do we have more talent than them individually? Do we have a specific unit (LB, CB, etc.) that is better than theirs? What areas do we need to improve on to be equal to the what they played with last year?

I brought this thread into action, because a lot of people are saying Ryan never had a top 10 defense. Well, I don't think we need one....NEED is the key word here. I think if we have a Defense ranked in the 14-18th area and with our Offense (which is lightyears better than Dallas, Cleveland, or Oakland EVER had) we should see a 11-12 win season. Thoughts?

For me that lineup compares favorbably and could get us very highly ranked.

Ratliff might be the better NT but our combo of Franklin/Bunkley should be enough to keep both guys fresh.

Cam Jordan/Akiem Hicks absolutely body their LDE/RDE combo

We have more questions @ OLB than Dallas had but with Ryans ability to manufacture pressure it shouldn't be a problem.

Our corners are just as good.

Our safeties are better

We have more depth in key areas than Dallas had.

We have the ability to stop the run better than Dallas did but possibly not as much ability to pressure the passer. IT should balance though because if we can get teams into 3rd in long situations then it helps the pass rush.

What are the chances that Will Smith backs up Hicks? If Smith is here he will start, I'm more perplexed as to whether the Saints play Hicks at nose or at end which I assume is where we all believe he should play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom