2012 Saints Offseason Mock V 2 (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
2013 Saints Offseason Mock V 2

Resign all RFAs.

Walk in FA:
Ellis
Bushrod
Henderson
Shanle
Roby
McBride

Cuts:
Will Smith
Will Herring
Mack - was a great zone nickel but is not a very good fit for man coverage and bump and run.

Paycut:

Jonathan Vilma
Roman Harper

Free Agent signings:

Ed Reed - He said he was forever black and gold and should come for a fair price which we should be able to afford after cutting Smith and Herring.

Nnamdi Asomugha - Was a shutdown corner under Rob Ryan and has shown dislike of Philly, the Louisiana native should come home very cheap after a few bad years.

2013 Mock Draft:

1. Barkevious Mingo OLB - He falls to us after Dion's meteoric rise after the combine. Gives an instant starter with elite potential especially under Rob Ryan.

509f47e4a91d5.preview-300.jpg

3. Brandon Williams DT/NT - Gives us a potential starter and great depth at the on the front 3. Dominated at a small school and posted the most bench press reps for a DT in the combine.

217885_383311475088882_1347270069_n.jpg

4.Vance McDonald TE - Another small school guy. He is a great blocker with good hands. He would probably be a huge upgrade over Thomas. He could potentially be a Witten type TE in the future. He had by far the most bench press reps out of TEs in the combine at 31 reps. He was also a top performer in the broad jump, 3 cone drill and 60 yard shuttle.

8508448.jpeg

5.Chris Faulk LT
- We take a chance on a guy that was at one point considered the top OT in the draft. If his injury did not hurt him a lot then we should have our OT to replace Bushrod, if not we may have to bring in FA competition for Brown. He played RT in college but excelled at the run and pass and he could most likely play excel at both OT spots.

faulk.jpg

6.Jordan Mills RT - This guys did great as a RT for Louisiana Tech and did good in the Senior Bowl. He could compete with Zach for the RT spot and give good depth as out OT have gotten injured a lot lately.

JMILLS.jpg

Final Depth Chart:

QB: Brees, Daniel
RB: Ingram, Thomas, Sproles, Ivory
FB: Collins
WR:Colston, Moore, Morgan, Toon, Hakim, Cadet
TE: Graham, McDonald, Higgins
RT: Strief, Mills, Jones
RG: Evans, Tiller
C: De La Puente
LG: Grubbs, Olsen
LT: Brown, Faulk
LDE: Jordan, Walker
NT: Bunkley, Williams
RDE: Hicks, Johnson
LOLB: Wilson, Broughton
LILB: Vilma, Chamberlain, Cassilas
RILB: Lofton, Hawthorne
ROLB: Mingo, Galette
CB: Greer, Asomugha, Robinson, White
SS: Harper, Jenkins, Bush
FS: Reed, Abdul-Quddus
P:Morstead
K: Hartley
LS: Drescher

BOLD = new additions

Not bad. Bringing in ed reed and namdi would be insanely awesome but unlikely. I know last year nobody thought we would have as a big a splash in FA as we did so maybe this year we'll all be as shocked. I feel like we have the potential on defense to be top 10. the pieces are there with a little help in FA and the draft. maybe i'm loosing it but I can visualize success for them.

Asomugha is pretty old he could possibly be on the decline.

You must be mentally disturbed. No way Jenkins, and Harper share snaps. I could understand Jenkins getting moved to SS, but if that was the case then either Harper is moved to LB, or cut.

You must be mentally disturbed. No way Jenkins, and Harper share snaps. I could understand Jenkins getting moved to SS, but if that was the case then either Harper is moved to LB, or cut.

Your calling him mentally disturbed and proceed to say move Harper to linebacker, right.

Your calling him mentally disturbed and proceed to say move Harper to linebacker, right.

That is a more realistic move. Don't believe it then see how many times Harpe was put as a Line Backer in certain situations. But I was also partly acting sarcastic. If They were to share snaps then might as well cut one of them.

That is a more realistic move. Don't believe it then see how many times Harpe was put as a Line Backer in certain situations. But I was also partly acting sarcastic. If They were to share snaps then might as well cut one of them.

Playing LB in nickel fronts/passing situations in a 3-3-5 as the desi blitzer is differenf from playing LB for 3 downs n having guards coming@ u

No offense but cut if out....

Playing LB in nickel fronts/passing situations in a 3-3-5 as the desi blitzer is differenf from playing LB for 3 downs n having guards coming@ u

No offense but cut if out....

Again I was partly sarcastic. Dont kill me for not being able to show sarcasm through the net.

Really hope we take mingo, he really reminds me of demarcus ware, looks indentical in their build in college and both had good speed and mingo is said to actually have great strength like ware which i think will also improve, he played out of position at LSU and will be a terror as an OLB, he also looked great in coverage drills at the combine, showing very fluid hips in the drills.

I believe thts called showing ur hand

Does anyone not understand how ridiculous that is? In the NFL now there is no such thing as running downs. If teams know this we will be picked apart even worse than last year. I understand if Harper is subbed in 3rd and long but if we do anything else I think every qb in the league even Jamarcus would figure it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom