2012 Yamaha F40 Issues (1 Viewer)

Isn't it under warranty? Maybe your primer bulb is bad.

Yes it is under warranty, and the bulb has been replaced by me along with the rest of the fuel line. The issue is it only happened on a random basis in the past, so if the dealer did not see an issue when they ran it, what are they going to fix? They wont just replace parts for free unfortunately. But now it has happened the last 2 times I took it out. I hope they can find a problem.

I can't imagine why your plugs would be fouled already. Do you have an external tank you can use to fuel the engine? Try running it on a small 3 gallon tank with fresh gas to isolate your fuel system. If you aren't getting any alarms and you still have problems I'd guess it's a computer problem.

Just picked up my tinny. There was a recall on the fuel fitting at the engine.I read that recall a few weeks ago thought it was the tank connection. Anywho, the mechanic is confident that was it, no codes on the computer, ran fine, etc, of course costed me nothing. Going to try and run it this weekend.

Thanks again for the ideas everyone!

Took it out and ran it...same bloody issue. Back to the shop I suppose and maybe a call to Yamaha. I am moving on from being bummed out to very angry. I can appreciate they tried the simple things and didn't just start tearing apart the engine, but now it is time to make it right.

Sounds like the ecu or an ecu loose wire after everything else checks out. I was in the same boat( pardon the pun) with my Mercs.

Dropped it back off at the shop this morning. Shop foreman was very nice and apologetic for not getting it fixed the first time. Promised me they would make it right. That is all I can ask.

Crazy. I'll bet anything your ecu or connectors to ecu are fried. Once u rule out everything else it's the computer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom