2013 buck...Ohio (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ohio public land buck I took Nov. 9th with my bow.

The kill I'm just as proud of....my son's squirrel. He worked hard for that squirrel. Lost the first 2 he hit...one made it into a tree hole and the other disappeared into some briars and we never found it. Tough shooting with a 410. :D

Beautiful buck. I didn't get one this year so I'm left to prepare for next year so the envy factor is quite high at the moment lol. Great job taking your kid hunting also.

Sweet!
I wish Louisiana would do a better job managing their deer. Too much if it's brown it's down.
I wish the state would pass a 6 point or better law like Mississippi.

Sweet!
I wish Louisiana would do a better job managing their deer. Too much if it's brown it's down.
I wish the state would pass a 6 point or better law like Mississippi.
Ohio has some quality deer for sure.....our numbers right now though are in the dirt. They've taken too many doe the last several years. They did cut back some tags this year and got rid of a 2 day bonus gun weekend so hopefully in the next couple years the doe numbers will come back. Buck wise though we're sitting pretty good as far as having nice size bucks but you gotta let them mature.

This was last year's 8:

and a 13 from a couple years back:

I have a few other decent bucks that I don't have pictures of. I can't complain to my luck up here on public land. I seem to luck into a nice one every year or every couple years. I see lots of small 6's and small 8's that I let pass waiting on the nice one. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom