2013 Free Agent Targets (1 Viewer)

i just thought albert would cost more since he is so much better, top 10 LT in the nfl

Yeah, if there's going to be a time to get a player like him on the (relative) cheap, coming off of his rookie deal, a back injury, and a 2-14 season would be it. A lot of people are mocking KC as drafting Joeckel first overall so he could be on the way out anyway.

Hey what if we went after Spencer AND Butler from the cowgals n open it up for us to take a DB or lineman in the 1st? Now that Ryan is with us, its certainly not outta the realm of possibilities

Yeah, if there's going to be a time to get a player like him on the (relative) cheap, coming off of his rookie deal, a back injury, and a 2-14 season would be it. A lot of people are mocking KC as drafting Joeckel first overall so he could be on the way out anyway.

if we could sign him and nmamdi and draft dion jordan or mingo i would be in heaven

I think spencer is overrated honestly, dont think he will be worth what he is asking for, if we are gonna spend that id rather paul kruger.

TruSaint said:
if we could sign him and nmamdi and draft dion jordan or mingo i would be in heaven

I think spencer is overrated honestly, dont think he will be worth what he is asking for, if we are gonna spend that id rather paul kruger.

I don't know if Nmamdi still has "it". He got burned often especially when he wasn't able to use the sideline for another blocker. He may be avble to have another good seasons under RR but I'd rather not count on him to do it, you know?

And Paul Kruger is even more overrated. He did next to nothing until Suggs returned from injury and then capitalized on the extra attention Suggs was getting to post those numbers in the second half of the season. He'd be a good pick up for us if we had someone like Suggs, but to be frank we don't. I don't see him being very productive here. Let someone else overpay for him. Not to say that Spencer isn't overhyped (he is) but it's not as out of control as it is with Kruger.

I could see either Spencer or Nmamdi taking (small) pay cuts to play with RR again, he's definitely a player's coach.

I don't think he'd be as expensive as Bushrod. No Pro Bowls and an injury history (foot and back), plus he'd be moving to a better team to play for a much better QB and more talented offensive line. I could see him taking $5 million per year on a four year deal, maybe. But I'm no bean counter.

Albert will likely be the most expensive on that list and will make a lot more than bushrod. Book it

I'd take Reed and Grant. I want players that would be coming from physical defenses. I want tough, physical, hard hitting defenders with attitude. I'm sick of finesse defenders BS.

What about Jake Long? The guy is big and mean with a very good skill set. Was a 1st pick not to long ago and considered the best in the NFL for a little. If the guy stays healthy he would be be an upgrade for us and probably cheaper. Brees would absolutely cover up his mistakes unlike anyone he has ever blocked for. I would love to get him.

I wouldn't mind getting Branden Albert, Larry Grant, Namdi Asmuha and maybe Ed Reed. Hopefully they won't come at a hefty price and we can sign all of them. That would definetly let us pick who and what we want in the draft.

I would go with CB Keenan Lewis, from Pitt. In my opinion, this man is on the verge of something big. OT Andre Smith, Pat Chung, and Kenny Phillips seem like guys who'll hit the market too. But its Keenan Lewis for me.

I wanted Lewis since the draft.. He actually said he wanted to be drafted by the Saints

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom