2013 Free Agent Targets (1 Viewer)

Here's my wish list:
-James Casey, FB/TE for Houston Texans. Fills Thomas' role as senior tight end, mentor to Graham, backup fullback, and occasional passing target. Should come very cheap.
-Branden Albert, LOT for Kansas City Chiefs. If he's healthy and Bushrod leaves, would be a great replacement and senior member of the line. Probably wouldn't be very expensive and is very good at opening up running lanes.
-Anthony Spencer, OLB for Dallas Cowboys. Very good linebacker who thrived under Rob Ryan, could help in the transition to a 3-4 and a mentor for guys like Tez and Junyah. Would probably cost a pretty penny but could be coaxed into coming here.
-Larry Grant, ILB for San Francisco 49ers. Great backup and depth guy who could challenge for a starting role - has probably learned a lot behind Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman. He'd be another veteran presence with experience in the 3-4 and could come at a decent price because of his lack of full-time starting time.
-Derek Cox, CB for Jacksonville Jaguars. Ending his rookie contract after missing a lot of games to unlucky injuries, he could be got at a decent price and has the potential to be a difference maker opposite Greer... if he's healthy.
-William Moore, S for Atlanta Falcons. Unlikely to happen but he's better than his counterparts in NOLA. Would be a great pick up and may want to be reunited with Lofton as well as have two shots a year at his old team. Would be expensive.

We won't be able to afford Casey given his perspective role for us.

With us retaining Hawthorne in addition to Lofton and likely Vilma there's no space for Larry Grant.

Derek Cox would be a nice player that's been discussed here before. He's had some health problems and Ryan isn't going to go press-heavy like Seattle, but I still really like his size and he's a young player with room still to grow. Quality free agent signing.

I'm actually not much of a fan of William Moore.

either

Kevin Philips (giants safety, would come not as expensive coming off IR this year) and then draft mingo/jarvis jones/OLB at #15 then pick up depth

or

Anthony Spencer (we always find a way) and then draft vacaroo/elam at #15 then draft Arthur Brown in the third round for depth and then cut harper to relieve cap problems for next three years

-----

Honestly, Harper is terrible at coverage, pretty good at the blitz. But all you Harper supporters should look at his contract. He is completely undeserving of his contract.

» Over the Cap- Top NFL Contracts: Safety

He's paid more Dashon Goldson (who everyone seems to want us to go for in FA and is an all around much better player), Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals, and Bernarnd Pollard - all of which who I think we can all agree are much MUCH better players than Harper.

I know it won't happen but I'd really love to get Jake Long. I'm sure he'll be expensive but I'd rather pay for a great LT than over pay for an average one. If we can't get Long I wonder if there is any chance to sign both Brandon Albert LT and Andre Smith RT.

I like Strief but he is better as the extra guy/back up. Smith isn't great but he is an upgrade over Strief, he's young, and a good in the running game which Sean says we are going to do more of. I don't know how much Albert will cost but Smith shouldn't be to high.

As for the other FA, it looks like RR has worked with a few of them so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

I can see us going after Victor Butler at LB'er due to the familiarity with Rob Ryan. Also maybe Brad Jones of the Packers, Larry Grant or even Shaun Phillips.

If we go after CB's, I can see bringing Porter back or maybe Mike Jenkins (knows Ryan from Dallas) or Keenan Lewis of Steelers. At safety, obviously Reed, Kenny Phillips, Louis Delmas or even Pat Chung of the Pats (both have injury concerns).

Not sure about DL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom