2013 Free Agent Targets (1 Viewer)

SaintsW1n

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed across several threads, but I didn't find a thread dedicated to who the Saints might target in free agency this year.

With Loomis starting the process of re-engineering the 2013 cap, who will the Saints pursue in free agency this year?

Anthony Spencer seems like a logical choice. WR is deep as well. Anybody think the Saints will target a FA WR?

Possible we are clearing cap for nmamdi on the cheap? I know rex ryan loves him.

Doubt we bring in any receivers. I'm thinking we go strictly defense.

Corners: Sean Smith, Derek Cox, Cary Williams, Nnamdi, DRC or maybe through the draft.

Safety: Reed or Woodson, can't really see us bringing anyone else in.

OLB: Butler, Kruger, Spencer or maybe a cheaper alternative.

ILB: Larry Grant or draft pick.

D Line: Jean-Francios, Aubrayo Franklin, or draft.

I want Spencer.

Hicks-Bunkley-Jordan
Spencer-Lofton-Hawthorne-Wilson

Yes.

And then we can invest our top round picks on secondary players (or trade down and engage in the same strategy) and depth on both lines with our lower round picks.

Doubt we bring in any receivers. I'm thinking we go strictly defense.

Corners: Sean Smith, Derek Cox, Cary Williams, Nnamdi, DRC or maybe through the draft.

Safety: Reed or Woodson, can't really see us bringing anyone else in.

OLB: Butler, Kruger, Spencer or maybe a cheaper alternative.

ILB: Larry Grant or draft pick.

D Line: Jean-Francios, Aubrayo Franklin, or draft.

These guys and Lane Johnson in the first round. :worthy:

Just some might be Reed/ Woodson, Victoor Butler/ Spencer, Larry Grant, Smith/ Cary Williams, ect... Not saying I am in favor of all these guys but names we may hear about.

Here's my wish list:
-James Casey, FB/TE for Houston Texans. Fills Thomas' role as senior tight end, mentor to Graham, backup fullback, and occasional passing target. Should come very cheap.
-Branden Albert, LOT for Kansas City Chiefs. If he's healthy and Bushrod leaves, would be a great replacement and senior member of the line. Probably wouldn't be very expensive and is very good at opening up running lanes.
-Anthony Spencer, OLB for Dallas Cowboys. Very good linebacker who thrived under Rob Ryan, could help in the transition to a 3-4 and a mentor for guys like Tez and Junyah. Would probably cost a pretty penny but could be coaxed into coming here.
-Larry Grant, ILB for San Francisco 49ers. Great backup and depth guy who could challenge for a starting role - has probably learned a lot behind Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman. He'd be another veteran presence with experience in the 3-4 and could come at a decent price because of his lack of full-time starting time.
-Derek Cox, CB for Jacksonville Jaguars. Ending his rookie contract after missing a lot of games to unlucky injuries, he could be got at a decent price and has the potential to be a difference maker opposite Greer... if he's healthy.
-William Moore, S for Atlanta Falcons. Unlikely to happen but he's better than his counterparts in NOLA. Would be a great pick up and may want to be reunited with Lofton as well as have two shots a year at his old team. Would be expensive.

Nmamdi would be another brees type of free agent signing, no where as good but could have an impact like it for the defense, a press corner who was considered the best CB in the league when he played for ryan

Here's my wish list:
-James Casey, FB/TE for Houston Texans. Fills Thomas' role as senior tight end, mentor to Graham, backup fullback, and occasional passing target. Should come very cheap.
-Brandon Albert, LOT for Kansas City Chiefs. If he's healthy and Bushrod leaves, would be a great replacement and senior member of the line. Probably wouldn't be very expensive and is very good at opening up running lanes.
-Anthony Spencer, OLB for Dallas Cowboys. Very good linebacker who thrived under Rob Ryan, could help in the transition to a 3-4 and a mentor for guys like Tez and Junyah. Would probably cost a pretty penny but could be coaxed into coming here.
-Larry Grant, ILB for San Francisco 49ers. Great backup and depth guy who could challenge for a starting role - has probably learned a lot behind Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman. He'd be another veteran presence with experience in the 3-4 and could come at a decent price because of his lack of full-time starting time.
-Derek Cox, CB for Jacksonville Jaguars. Ending his rookie contract after missing a lot of games to unlucky injuries, he could be got at a decent price and has the potential to be a difference maker opposite Greer... if he's healthy.
-William Moore, S for Atlanta Falcons. Unlikely to happen but he's better than his counterparts in NOLA. Would be a great pick up and may want to be reunited with Lofton as well as have two shots a year at his old team. Would be expensive.

That's a good list.

albert will b very expensive

I don't think he'd be as expensive as Bushrod. No Pro Bowls and an injury history (foot and back), plus he'd be moving to a better team to play for a much better QB and more talented offensive line. I could see him taking $5 million per year on a four year deal, maybe. But I'm no bean counter.

I would go with CB Keenan Lewis, from Pitt. In my opinion, this man is on the verge of something big. OT Andre Smith, Pat Chung, and Kenny Phillips seem like guys who'll hit the market too. But its Keenan Lewis for me.

I don't think he'd be as expensive as Bushrod. No Pro Bowls and an injury history (foot and back), plus he'd be moving to a better team to play for a much better QB and more talented offensive line. I could see him taking $5 million per year on a four year deal, maybe. But I'm no bean counter.

if thats the case i would much rather have him than bushrod, he is without a doubt a better LT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom