2013 NASCAR thread (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Were 2 nights away from the shootout (don't care what they call it now to me I will always call it that) and the beginning of speed weeks.

I didn't get to watch a lot last years due to work. hopefully this year that will change.

Seems to be a lot of positive reviews for the GEN6 car and hopefully that will improve the races.

I also predict 18 laps into the 500 I will puke from all the Danica talk.

also night race at the brickyard? yes please

Indianapolis Motor Speedway eyes Sprint Cup night race pending $100M upgrade - ESPN

Were 2 nights away from the shootout (don't care what they call it now to me I will always call it that) and the beginning of speed weeks.

I didn't get to watch a lot last years due to work. hopefully this year that will change.

Seems to be a lot of positive reviews for the GEN6 car and hopefully that will improve the races.

I also predict 18 laps into the 500 I will puke from all the Danica talk.

also night race at the brickyard? yes please

Indianapolis Motor Speedway eyes Sprint Cup night race pending $100M upgrade - ESPN

Totally agree on shootout. The other acceptable alternative is Busch Clash.

I actually think Danica can race at Daytona, it's probably her best track. She's still not experienced enough to make the right moves in the end-game but she's got a car that can run in the front pack. The over-attention is annoying, but if she were to truly compete, it is significant IMO. Of course, most people don't realize that the fastest lap ever in a stock car (at Talladega of course) was run by a woman.

I tend to be a Chevy man but I enjoyed Brad K.'s run last year - he's a great driver and a fun personality for the sport. I have been a fan of the 5 and 18 since back when they were Terry and Bobby Labonte - but these days, Kasey Kahne is boring and Kyle Busch just whines too damn much for my taste (I don't mind the aggressive driving and back-talk, it's the whining and crying at his crew that I don't like). Kahne came on strong in the second half of last year, so maybe the 5 will be back up front.

My PIN number is still 5-18-3 . . . since about 1997. :)

While I agree Daytona is prob her best track at the same time that isn't saying much i mean heck Ward Burton won at Daytona a 500 at that. I actually have no prob with them talking about her when its warranted. Also today was NASCAR media day 98% of the tweets were about her and Stenhouse dating.

Brad K is the friggin man he is prob my 2nd favorite driver

I'm also going to make a prediction for my man Dale Jr :)covri:) with the switch to the GEN6 car I'll predict 4 wins and a top 3 finish for him this year.

It would not kill me to see the Busch brothers crash. Other than that I like the two smartest drivers in this racing circuit..

Tony Stewart "Smoke"

Kevin Harvick

I'm ready to go.

And yes Saturday's race will always be called "The Shootout" in this house.

2013-NASCAR-Chevrolet-SS-Tony-Stewart-1024x640.jpg

Say what you want about Jeff Gordon (I have never been a fan of his) but this was pretty cool of him.

<iframe src="http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/3ca1c1a01b" width="640" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:640px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3ca1c1a01b/harlem-shake-jeff-gordon-edition" title="from Jeff Gordon">Harlem Shake (Jeff Gordon Edition)</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/jeff_gordon">Jeff Gordon</a> <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?app_id=138711277798&amp;href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Fvideos%2F3ca1c1a01b%2Fharlem-shake-jeff-gordon-edition&amp;send=false&amp;layout=button_count&amp;width=150&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=like&amp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px; vertical-align:middle;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
</div>

:covri:

If nascar keeps messing with the body styles of the cars pretty soon they will look like the volkswagon.

It will take time to get used to the driver changes. Glad to see Vickers gets more time behind the wheel this year. Flame if you must, but I am still pulling for Edwards.

While I agree Daytona is prob her best track at the same time that isn't saying much i mean heck Ward Burton won at Daytona a 500 at that. I actually have no prob with them talking about her when its warranted. Also today was NASCAR media day 98% of the tweets were about her and Stenhouse dating.

Hey now! Waaahd also won at Loudon and Darlington. You don't win at those tracks if you can't drive.

And you can't do better than a Ward Burton post-race interview:

"I want to thank the crew for giving me a super piece to sit in today."

and this classic:

"I'm just glad for my son Jeb to see me get a win - he would say 'Daddy, you ain't never gonna win!'"

Ward is prob my best interview to watch ever....................if you could understand what he was saying

Ward is prob my best interview to watch ever....................if you could understand what he was saying

They asked Jeff why he didn't have as thick of an accent as Ward and he said that it was because Ward's room was on the southern side of the house. Ha!

They asked Jeff why he didn't have as thick of an accent as Ward and he said that it was because Ward's room was on the southern side of the house. Ha!

LOL, I hope Jeff gets back on the winning tract again Another good driver with weak equipment

I hope mark gets his first daytona win!!! I'm a huge fan.
You know how people love dolphins and they swim with them.
I would swim with mark martin.... that ain't wierd is it?
Maybe I should settle for a handshake.:idunno:

Martin_Waltrip_55-300x171.jpg

I hope mark gets his first daytona win!!! I'm a huge fan.
You know how people love dolphins and they swim with them.
I would swim with mark martin.... that ain't wierd is it?
Maybe I should settle for a handshake.:idunno:

Martin_Waltrip_55-300x171.jpg

Yes, that's weird. But hey, I'd swim with Danica.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom