2013 NASCAR thread (1 Viewer)

LOL, I hope Jeff gets back on the winning tract again Another good driver with weak equipment

I think he's done.

In fact, I have always liked Jeff but never saw him as a great driver. He was good - and when he had top equipment, he won races. But I never saw anything terribly impressive. IMO of course.

He's a great guy though.

Welp they just wrecked 'em in practice. Looks like Kurt Busch took the worst of it. Kenseth, Martin, Edwards and Juan Pablo also involved.

Keep an eye on the 11 this year. I really think this is Hamlin's year. Doesn't hurt having Kenseth as a teammate now instead of Logano.

Saturday night, they won’t have a choice. The Sprint Unlimited shapes up as a major shakedown for the Daytona 500, even though the 19 teams participating still don’t yet know all the rules. Fans voting on the type of pit stop required after the first segment (four-tire, two-tire or none at all) and the number of cars eliminated after the second segment (two, four, six, or none) won’t be determined until the green flag. But fan voting on the segment distances has concluded, and the choice announced Thursday was 30, 25, and 20 laps.

That final, 20-lap segment was chosen over shorter distances of 10 and 15 laps. “I like the idea of it being a longer segment,” said Ambrose, who won two poles last year. “It allows teams to really gear up for that last segment. But you don’t know whether you’re going to be a part of that last segment, either, because they have that elimination thing going on. You just don’t want to be one of those guys knocked out before the end of the race.”

“You give the drivers a gas pedal and a brake pedal and a steering wheel, we don’t care what it is -- we’re going,” added Greg Biffle, who won three poles last season. “We’re going to have fun no matter what. That will be a longer (final) segment. I like that, though. I think that will be good. A restrictor-plate race, I don’t think you want a five-lap shootout. It’s going to be strategic, getting position and whatnot.”

Almirola reacts to Sprint Unlimited vote

What in the world did they due to this race?

That wasn't Smoke's fault. He saved it at speed. Looked like Johnson checked up for whatever reason and started the wreck. Mark pretty much hit the nail on the head in his interview.

Stewart is driving way too aggressive, he tried his best to wreck Dale Jr for doing exactly what HE did to Marcos Ambrose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom