2013 NFL Draft: The perfect strategy for each team to follow (by Bucky Brooks) (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
15) New Orleans Saints
Perfect plan: Coordinator Rob Ryan, who was brought in to revamp the Saints' sagging defense, needs capable edge rushers to fuel his 3-4 scheme. Mingo is an intriguing athlete with tremendous potential, though the Saints could opt for a more proven rusher like Jarvis Jones or take a stab at Bjoern Werner.

Backup strategy: The Saints could fortify a position of strength by adding another explosive weapon to the receiving corps. Austin would be an electrifying option, while Patterson would be a dynamic vertical playmaker on the perimeter.

2013 NFL Draft: The perfect strategy for each team to follow - NFL.com

Agreed, no CB outside of milliner is worth the 15th pick, maybe Xavier Rhodes, we need either mingo or jarvis jones or if we go offense and the 3 best OT's are gone then go Austin or Patterson.

Got to be honest, I think Bucky Brooks is one of the worst professional analysts out there. His evaluations always seem slightly off and his knowledge of the Saints and their needs is atrocious. If we can't get Mingo, Jones or Jordan I hope we'd go with Rhodes, Vaccaro, Carradine, Cyprien or even Fluker before either WR. In fact if NONE of those were available - well, they will be - but if they weren't I'd rather trade down than add a WR at #15 who any other year would probably be a 2nd round talent.

Agreed, no CB outside of milliner is worth the 15th pick, maybe Xavier Rhodes, we need either mingo or jarvis jones or if we go offense and the 3 best OT's are gone then go Austin or Patterson.

Milliner is overrated (to me).

It's not looking good for Austin to be there.

If Raiders don't take Flloyd at 3 he'll drop, I hope we let him fall past us.

At this point, it is very unlikely; if that's the case, we will likely go defense, which is where a lot of people feel the pick should be spent.

If he falls past them no way he makes it past the Panthers, unless they take someone like austin or patterson

I would go with Patterson since Austin would play the slot and we already have a Lance Moore there, who does a really good job.

We need a vertical big strong receiver. That's Patterson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom