2013 NFL Season: Mark Ingram or Chris Ivory? (2 Viewers)

Who will play better in 2013: Mark Ingram or Chris Ivory?

• Mark Ingram

Votes: 163 65.2%
  • Chris Ivory

Votes: 46 18.4%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 41 16.4%

• Total voters
Ivory is going to have his toughest challenge ever staying healthy facing 8 man fronts all year with absolutely no threat of a passing game whatsoever, it's even worse than the AP situation in Minnesota as their passing game is far superior to the joke in New York (never thought I'd say that about Min but in this comparison its the truth). So yeah while Ivory is no doubt the better and more talented runner, if you are going to bet yards on a season then its Ingram in a landslide.

Ingram should get the nod since he plays in the best offense of the entire nfl and because ivory can't stay healthy. If ingram were to play for the jets, he'd disappear altogether though.

Ivory can put up 800 yards in 8 games.

Ingram will be lucky to get 800 in 16.

Do you guys forget he is #3 behind PT and Sproles, or what?

If Ivory was the only RB in NY I would have gone Ivory...but Powell has looked better than Ivory in the preseason. Rex Ryan knows that his offense has no significant playmakers...so he is going to be gimmicky with his offense. Powell played "wildcat" QB a ton during the preseason.

Ingram will split carries between Sproles and PT...but Sproles really doesn't get a ton of carries. I don't foresee Khiry being a big factor unless injuries occur to PT/Ingram. I think that Ingram will be good for 800-900 total yards and 6-8 total TDs. That Jets offense will be pretty bad and will be catching up lots this season. Since it appears that Powell will be apart of the picture, I couldn't put Ivory down for more than 700-800 total yards and 6-8 TDs (assuming healthy throughout the season, which we all know is not very realistic).

Sproles got a lot of carries before last year.

Sean Payton ran the ball with Sproles A LOT, Vitt did not.

Ivory can put up 800 yards in 8 games.

Ingram will be lucky to get 800 in 16.

Do you guys forget he is #3 behind PT and Sproles, or what?

We don't really have a 1, 2, & a 3. We have situational carries. Just like with the WR, Payton has packages that include certain players. He uses his players schematically. These are 3 different types of players that Payton will use differently. Who gets the most carries, or most plays, will depend on the weaknesses of the team we are playing and who has the hot hand. Payton has to have a depth chart and name a starter, but that is old school and not how he handles things in-game.

Ingram will get his share of carries, especially if we're trying to protect a lead.

Sproles got a lot of carries before last year.

Sean Payton ran the ball with Sproles A LOT, <strike>Vitt</strike> Carmichael did not.

FIFY

And, BTW, Payton did not run the ball A LOT with Sproles. He only carried the ball 87 times in 2011. And then, under Carmichael's offense (and the fact that we had to play a ton of catch up) everyone's carries fell in 2012, not just Sproles.

I can't even believe we are having this conversation about a player who has been in the league for 2 full seasons and has yet to have a 100 yard game. I am not an Ingram hater, I just hate that we gave up a 1st and 2nd round draft picks for him. That is what I hated then and now. There hasn't been a single game since he has been drafted, that made me think he was worth more than a 3rd round pick. That being said, we can't get the picks back and we got a very nice draft pick (more than what we would get for Ingram if we tried to trade him) that looks like will help the defense for years to come. I am just hoping Ingram has a year that makes me think he was worth a portion (2nd rounder) of what we gave up to get him. That would be, by far, his best year yet. As for Ivory, who cares what he does?!?!?! It is irrelevant. It isn't like we drafted a quarterback and let a future HOF leave for nothing. The guy was a stud when here and healthy (see Atlanta last year) and I wish him the best. It was a good trade. Done.

Tacoes.

But seriously, I think Ingram will have a good solid year, averaging about 4.2YPC and some TD's. But Ivory will probably have the better year because (a) he will get more opportunities because Jets have NO offense. and (b) he is more explosive so he might pop off a few big runs highlight plays. But he'll get a hammy at some point.

Ingram, just is not a flashy running back. He might pop off a 20 yard run here are there, but most of his production will come from volume. Hopefully, we will involve him more in the pass game, which that is how it looks, so he will have a fine year.

Back to tacoes.

I can't even believe we are having this conversation about a player who has been in the league for 2 full seasons and has yet to have a 100 yard game. I am not an Ingram hater, I just hate that we gave up a 1st and 2nd round draft picks for him. That is what I hated then and now. There hasn't been a single game since he has been drafted, that made me think he was worth more than a 3rd round pick. That being said, we can't get the picks back and we got a very nice draft pick (more than what we would get for Ingram if we tried to trade him) that looks like will help the defense for years to come. I am just hoping Ingram has a year that makes me think he was worth a portion (2nd rounder) of what we gave up to get him. That would be, by far, his best year yet. As for Ivory, who cares what he does?!?!?! It is irrelevant. It isn't like we drafted a quarterback and let a future HOF leave for nothing. The guy was a stud when here and healthy (see Atlanta last year) and I wish him the best. It was a good trade. Done.

Seriously...who care's where he was drafted. That is all irrelevant now. All that matters is, is he or is he not helping these team win games? I don't know why people blame Ingram where he was drafted...if you want to blame someone...blame Payton and Loomis. But it would probably be better to just get over it and move on.

I am thinking Chris Ivory. Jet's QBs suck. They are going to have to run the ball. Ingram is part of a three rb attack. Powell is listed as the starter, but he is a third down back, and Ivory will get the majority of the carries. He will do better, if he can stay healthy.

Your comment makes no sense at all!! If the Jets Qb's are so awful don't you think that teams will stack the line of scrimmage to stop the run because the Jets QB's don't scare anyone?:jpshakehead:

Seriously...who care's where he was drafted. That is all irrelevant now. All that matters is, is he or is he not helping these team win games? I don't know why people blame Ingram where he was drafted...if you want to blame someone...blame Payton and Loomis. But it would probably be better to just get over it and move on.

I may be in the minority, but I do. He has shown flashes of nothing. Has he had a single, outstanding game? I can't think of one, hence he has never rushed for over 100 yards in a game. One the topic, Ivory has had games where he has rushed over 100 yards. Thomas has had 100 yard games in the last 2 years. Mike Bell even had 100 yard games in his only year here. Regardless of where he was drafted and what we gave up for him, the stats show an average NFL back and a below average NFL running back. Over 30 had 100 yard rushing games last year. He wasn't even in the top 30 in rushing last year. Michael Turner, who was sent packing for lack of production, rushed for 200 more yards rushing and twice as many touchdowns as Ingram did last year. His production speaks for itself. Judging by production, Michael Turner would be an upgrade. It is what it is. Hope he as a better season and I am eating my words, but all Ivory needs to do is play half of the season and he will top Ingrams production.

Ivory isn't on the team and we're still having these threads?!!!?? Move on from this topic! Ivory is no longer a Saint, so it doesn't matter if he does better or worse than Ingram.

Ivory is better but Ingram will have the edge as far as total numbers.

Ingram should have a more productive season. he's got the #1 passing attack in the NFL opening things up and two other RBs that will probably get more attention as far as game planning goes.

Not the case for Ivory. CI will have absolutely 0 help around him. he should honestly get an award if his YPC is over 4.2 or so

you expect a 1st round RB to produce at a high level. he has been a decent short yardage back but so was Mike Bell

Ivory is better but Ingram will have the edge as far as total numbers.

Ingram should have a more productive season. he's got the #1 passing attack in the NFL opening things up and two other RBs that will probably get more attention as far as game planning goes.

Not the case for Ivory. CI will have absolutely 0 help around him. he should honestly get an award if his YPC is over 4.2 or so

you expect a 1st round RB to produce at a high level. he has been a decent short yardage back but so was Mike Bell

Heck, I wish he had the production of Mike Bell. So for, he is no Mike Bell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom