2013 playoff game against eagles is on (1 Viewer)

2013 was pretty much the last ride for our Super Bowl nucleus that remained.

Top 5 offense and Top 5 defense wasn't a bad way to end it, either.

Yeah, if Keenan Lewis hadn’t gotten injured in the Philly game, we win that one going away. But the way it ended was perfect. I love the ABSOLUTE dead silence in the stadium when Graham swished the game winning FG.

It’s actually one of my favorite Saints memories. Just sticking it to such an unpleasant fan base was amazing.

Honestly 2013 was a big “only if” season. Had Gallette gotten the holding call, we beat Brady in Foxboro. If Greer doesn’t get injured against 49ers, our defense would have been in much better shape for the home stretch. If Payton had elected to start Charles Brown at LT as opposed to a green rookie in Terron Armstead at Carolina in a pivotal game, I think we win that game and the South.

But obviously, all football seasons have a few “only ifs” sprinkled about.
It took me a while to get over the loss to the Patriots. After the game I thought that Greer was washed for allowing that TD (I was wrong), for the first time I felt that the Saints offense was finally "figured out". BB was also a genius for figuring out how to shut down Jimmy.

If I remember correctly, there were two key plays that happened to the loss against the Panthers. The first was a 3rd down pass to Ted Ginn. I think Roman Harper was on him (due to Kenny V leaving the game for the season), and Malcom Jenkins missed a sack on Newton for 3rd down. Any of those 2 plays didn't happen, we would have won that game.

I still have this game saved on my Direct TV DVR.

Obviously I’ve not upgraded equipment in many years. But it’s fine.

Yeah, for the longest I was reluctant to upgrade equipment because I didn’t want to lose games from 2006, or our SB run games, but eventually I decided it was time to let go.

Plus it’s not like the old days where those games are lost forever. They still live on the internet and get replayed from time to time on NFLN.

2013 was pretty much the last ride for our Super Bowl nucleus that remained.

Top 5 offense and Top 5 defense wasn't a bad way to end it, either.
The Payton era had two nuclei — the one that concluded with the 2013 run and the second one from 2017-2020.

One included an official Super Bowl win, and the other had all the pieces except for the screw-job we got in our own home stadium.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom