2013 Saints Mock Draft (post-no 2nd) (1 Viewer)

Is ray ray strong or free safety, also I think we are fine at nose tackle, bunkley is very good and in a rotation u could kick Akiem hicks to nose tackle and Tom Johnson to end in passing situation, we need olb, CB, safety, and OT, plus w all teams becoming passing teams especially in the NFC nt will be on the field a lot less, if star fell I'd def take him but he won't and sheldon Richardson would be a waste in a 2 gap 3-4 but a beast in a 1 gAp like jj watt IMO, and ya I meant poyer my spell check did that
Ray Ray is strong.

If we can get either Dion or Ziggy 1st round, That Rambo kid/or Ray Ray, I swear my eyes will light up like a kid on Christmas. Can't wait for the draft!

I think we still have our 6th, I doubt Loomis is that stupid to really give a 6th for Ruud.

:no: Sure am glad you're not the GM. That very same mindset is why the Saints D has been mediocre for so long, and even embarrassing (see last year). The Saints currently have no difference makers on D. Cam Jordan and Akeem Hicks appear to be the bright spots on D. They desperately need to upgrade the talent level on D, and that will not be done if the infatuation with the offensive side of the ball continues.

I heard long is a converted from tight end to LT. Do you think it would be possible to move him again either to TE or DE?
No, his best position has been LT. He is great at pass blocking but his run blocking is unspectacular. IMO this is the type of LT we have to draft because he has a high ceiling and our LT should be best at protecting Drew.

No, his best position has been LT. He is great at pass blocking but his run blocking is unspectacular. IMO this is the type of LT we have to draft because he has a high ceiling and our LT should be best at protecting Drew.

Give me some insight as to why you like him so much. You referenced the Sr. Bowl but scouts say he struggled at tackle before being moved to guard early in the week.

He is currently being projected as a 3rd round left guard prospect.

Give me some insight as to why you like him so much. You referenced the Sr. Bowl but scouts say he struggled at tackle before being moved to guard early in the week.

He is currently being projected as a 3rd round left guard prospect.
I'm not sure about all of his practices but he shut guys down in a few of them and he also was absent from one of them due to dehydration and reportedly needed an IV for over an hour so that could have effected his play too. I think he lost only once and it was to Okafor who also beat Fisher. It was also at RT where he does not really excel. He dominated against a bunch of other guys.

For a lot of the practice, the North team had the offensive linemen and defensive linemen battling in one-on-ones. The defensive linemen who really stood out the most were Texas defensive end Alex Oakfor, Purdue defensive tackle Kawann Short, UCLA tackle/end Datone Jones and Penn State defensive tackle Jordan Hill. All had excellent practices. The offensive linemen who performed the best were Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher and Oregon tackle Kyle Long.
The beginning of the one-on-ones were for run plays on which the defensive linemen were trying to hold their ground at the point of attack. Long had an impressive play where he rode North Carolina defensive tackle Sylvester Williams about 10 yards towards the sideline. Long got into Williams' pads and had him on roller skates. Long had another win against Williams in the pass-rushing one-on-ones by stopping a pass rush cold.

Long and Fisher had impressive wins against speed rushes from Illinois defensive end Michael Buchanan. They both showed nice length and quick feet on those reps. It wasn't all good for Long in the team scrimmage as a few defenders pushed him into quarterback Ryan Nassib to blow up a screen pass. The ball ended up going straight into the back of Long's helmet.

Okafor beat Long on a run rep as he held his ground, but shed him to the side quickly after the initial contact. Long came back to get a draw with Okafor. In a pass-rushing one-on-one, Okafor burned Long at right tackle with a speed rush while slapping his hands away.
Sylvester Williams had moments when he would flash a great play followed by other reps where he didn't look good. Williams had some struggles with Long, but had success against Cave.
WalterFootball.com: 2013 Senior Bowl Practice Report

Some people say he could be a top OL out of this draft in 3 years:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Watching more of Oregon's Kyle Long. Raw + needs coaching but wouldn't surprise me if 3 yrs from now he's 1 of top OL from this class.</p>&mdash; Kevin Weidl (@KevinW_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinW_ESPN/status/288821972345950209">January 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
https://twitter.com/KevinW_ESPN/status/288821972345950209
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I liked what I seen in his limited time at LT in the Senior Bowl game. I really like his heavy hands and he has natural feet which I love in pass blocking OTs. His swift feet are similar Joe Staley's who is a top 5 OT who was also a converted TE in college. Lane Johnson, Fisher and Joekel are the only ones that have feet like that in the draft besides him. I like his potential and feel we are one of the best teams in the league at developing OL but that could change with Kromer's departure. Is there any OT you would rather have with that pick? or any player in general? How do you feel about the Winters pick?

If we can come out of this draft and FA with

Ed Reed
Randy Moss
Shaun Phillips
Winson Justice

Ziggie Ansah OLB/DE 1st
Ray Ray Armstrong SS 5th
Brandon Williams NT 3rd
Bacarri Rambo FS 3rd
Leon McFadden CB 4th
Denard Robinson 6th - Read option/scout team purposes.

We would be set for the future and present

Just realized thats an actual draft that i like and is very possible with a single trade back.

If we can come out of this draft and FA with

Ed Reed
Randy Moss
Shaun Phillips
Winson Justice

Ziggie Ansah OLB/DE 1st
Ray Ray Armstrong SS 5th
Brandon Williams NT 3rd
Bacarri Rambo FS 3rd
Leon McFadden CB 4th
Denard Robinson 6th - Read option/scout team purposes.

We would be set for the future and present

Just realized thats an actual draft that i like and is very possible with a single trade back.
I don't want Shaun Philips, he is a completely different player then he used to be. I would like everyone else except probably McFadden where I would take an OT in his place because if we get Reed and Rambo then Jenkins is probably going back to corner...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom