2013 Saints Mock Draft (post-no 2nd) (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
1.Dion Jordan OLB - We get the Jordan bros alongside each other as Mingo, Ansah and Fisher are all off the board. Dion should come in and give us immediate pass rush help along with a great option to cover TEs. He also has argueably the highest "ceiling" out of all the OLBs in the draft at 6'7, running a 4.5. Cam and Dion are also both from Chandler, AZ :scratch:.

hi-res-6691822_crop_exact.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aNh0SgWe3rc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

3.Stedman Bailey WR - One of the most explosive and fastest WRs in the draft. Bailey caught 114 receptions for 1,622 yards and 25 touchdowns in 2012. Just imagine what he could do with Drew throwing to him if he caught 114 catches and 25 TDs with Geno Smith. He falls to us because of size concern and the amount of depth of 2nd round receivers.

20121117_jrc_al8_129.0_standard_352.0.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TmO_zg4wH0E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ci2K1xx6bmQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

4.Kyle Long OT - He had a very solid week at the Senior Bowl. He and Charles Brown can compete for the LT spot.He is also the son of Hall of Famer Howie Long and brother of Chris Long. A great player that is a very good pass protector.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpg

5. Brian Winters OT - Winters has dominated while at Kent State. He also had a solid week of Senior Bowl practice. He and Marcel Jones could challenge Strief for the starting job as Strief has struggled at times and has been lately getting injured alot.

pxu8wcr3drfe2wku.jpg

6. Cairo Santos K - The best kicker in the nation. He already plays in the Superdome and his last name is Saints in spanish. He could give us a kicker we could have confidence in as Hartley has really struggled. He also won the award for the best kicker in college and has barely played football so he has a really high ceiling.:hihi:

hi-res-6654874_crop_exact.jpg

7. Ray Ray Armstrong SS
- At one point he was the top safety in his class. A physical freak for depth and could eventually take the starting job after we move on from Harper. He has elite potential and has been compared to Sean Taylor. He is 6'4 and runs a 4.5.

71149904.jpg

The reason I picked only 2 players for defense is I think we need Oline help bad if we don't want to see a sharp decline in Drew's protection and because I think the 3-4 will solve alot of problems. Leaving our only needs OLB, S depth, and NT. I think we will get a cheap space eater NT in FA since I really don't think a NT is worth a 1st and most of the NTs even worth a real look in this draft are 1st round prospects. I also think we pick up a CB or Reed in FA. If we pick up Reed, Jenkins goes to sideline corner across Greer and Prob competes with Mack for nickel.

No to Kyle Long. He is a project who may or may not ever end up as an NFL caliber LT. If his surname Long I don't think he'd be receiving the attention from fans that he is.

If we went into the season with him and Charlie Brown 'battling' for LT I think you'd see offensive efficiency and turnover numbers even worse than this year and with our D in transition....I think we would struggle to get to 8 - 8.

usually when you switch to a 3-4 you need more Lbs, 4 starters and maybe 4 depth

No to Kyle Long. He is a project who may or may not ever end up as an NFL caliber LT. If his surname Long I don't think he'd be receiving the attention from fans that he is.
He did well at the Senior Bowl against some mid round talent guys and plus we may be one of the best teams at developing Olineman in the NFL(questionable though now that Kromer is gone).

usually when you switch to a 3-4 you need more Lbs, 4 starters and maybe 4 depth
OLB:
Galette(starter)
Jordan(starter)
Wilson(competes for job)
Broughton(depth after one year on PS)
Romeus(competes for roster spot)

ILB:
Lofton(starter)
Hawthorne(starter)
Cassilas(nickel)
Chamberlain(depth)

We can always pick up a cheap guy from FA too for depth, I think we will have some room to work after the cuts to pick a few cheap players and one decent payed guy.

Our WRs would look like this:
Colston, Bailey, Moore, Morgan, Toon, and Haakim.

3 possession, 1 explosion yards after catch WR, 2 burners with a very well protected Brees throwing to them and Graham and Sproles sucking up the LBs.

OLB:
Galette(starter)
Jordan(starter)
Wilson(competes for job)
Broughton(depth after one year on PS)
Romeus(competes for roster spot)

ILB:
Lofton(starter)
Hawthorne(starter)
Cassilas(nickel)
Chamberlain(depth)

We can always pick up a cheap guy from FA too for depth, I think we will have some room to work after the cuts to pick a few cheap players and one decent payed guy.

I don't see Casillas back because he is too skinny to be an effective ILB in a 3-4. Also, drafting NT depth is a must with our switch to a 3-4.

A kicker? Nah no kickers! I can see us drafting one OT but not two. We need a NT, CB and TE.

I don't see Casillas back because he is too skinny to be an effective ILB in a 3-4. Also, drafting NT depth is a must with our switch to a 3-4.
After the 1st round, the NT depth is HORRID. I don't think a NT is even worth a top 15 pick unless he has Ngata potential like Star who probably wont fall out of the top 5. I think we use the little cap we have to pick one up. NTs dont play much in the nickel if at all so we won't need more than one with Bunkley here to help too.
Randy Starks could probably play NT or Franklin could be back after doing well with SD in the 3-4 this year. Franklin could be cheap with as old as he is. Casey Hampton is also a FA and could come cheap and help.

Are Cam & Dion related? I've searched and can't find anything just thought it was strange they're both from Chandler, AZ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom