2013 Saints Mock Draft (post-no 2nd) (1 Viewer)

A kicker? Nah no kickers! I can see us drafting one OT but not two. We need a NT, CB and TE.
So you trust Hartley as our starting K who may have to kick us into another SB in the clutch over Daniel Thomas as backup TE? We do need a NT but their are none worth being drafted out of the 1st 2 rounds and I would not even think about using a top 15 pick on a NT who usually plays run plays exclusively. CB we may need but I don't see us giving up on Patrick Robinson or Greer yet and we have an improved White and an Elbert Mack who did great last year in limited time behind them. If anything, I see us bringing in a veteran CB for competition for cheap.

So you trust Hartley as our starting K who may have to kick us into another SB in the clutch over Daniel Thomas as backup TE? We do need a NT but their are none worth being drafted out of the 1st 2 rounds and I would not even think about using a top 15 pick on a NT who usually plays run plays exclusively. CB we may need but I don't see us giving up on Patrick Robinson or Greer yet and we have an improved White and an Elbert Mack who did great last year in limited time behind them. If anything, I see us bringing in a veteran CB for competition for cheap.

Hartley is a solid Kicker that I trust over a rookie. So what he misses one here or there. No kicker is perfect.

I just think there are way too many needs at other positions to even consider taking a kicker. I'd stick with Hartley.

Hartley is a solid Kicker that I trust over a rookie. So what he misses one here or there. No kicker is perfect.
Santos is 21 of 21 this season. None coming from within 19 yards. He set a school record with a 51-yard field goal in one game, then broke his own record with a 55-yarder later in the same game. So yes, this season Santos was perfect. Santos is also the surest player to fill a starting position than any other player in the 6th.

Santos is 21 of 21 this season. None coming from within 19 yards. He set a school record with a 51-yard field goal in one game, then broke his own record with a 55-yarder later in the same game. So yes, this season Santos was perfect.

For a team playing for nothing= no pressure. Hartley hit a NFC championship winner and has posted solid numbers throughout his career.

Santos is 21 of 21 this season. None coming from within 19 yards. He set a school record with a 51-yard field goal in one game, then broke his own record with a 55-yarder later in the same game. So yes, this season Santos was perfect. Santos is also the surest player to fill a starting position than any other player in the 6th.

That was the game agains ULM. I was there. He had 10 yards to spare on the 55 yarder. He was very very impressive.

Change our 3rd rounder to Rambo trufant or power and I love it, we need more db help than WR, Morgan and toon plus graham Colston and lance are legit

Change our 3rd rounder to Rambo trufant or power and I love it, we need more db help than WR, Morgan and toon plus graham Colston and lance are legit
Rambo is good but I took Ray Ray later. Trufant is considered a late 1st now after shutting every WR in the senior bowl down. Not sure what you mean by power? I think you mean Poyer, I think he will be taken by the Redskins in the 2nd at the latest. He is a turnover machine.

Rambo is good but I took Ray Ray later. Trufant is considered a late 1st now after shutting every WR in the senior bowl down. Not sure what you mean by power? I think you mean Poyer, I think he will be taken by the Redskins in the 2nd at the latest. He is a turnover machine.

Is ray ray strong or free safety, also I think we are fine at nose tackle, bunkley is very good and in a rotation u could kick Akiem hicks to nose tackle and Tom Johnson to end in passing situation, we need olb, CB, safety, and OT, plus w all teams becoming passing teams especially in the NFC nt will be on the field a lot less, if star fell I'd def take him but he won't and sheldon Richardson would be a waste in a 2 gap 3-4 but a beast in a 1 gAp like jj watt IMO, and ya I meant poyer my spell check did that

I dont know about Santos to be honest. Most of his kicks were not rushed that hard like baer or hopkins. I am just saying if we are going to spend a pick on a kicker lets draft one that has faced pressure to win a game. The kick baer made against san diego state was pretty good if you ask me.

We DO NOT have a 6th round pick... We traded it away for Barrett Ruud to sit on our bench and then get cut.

No 6th rounder.

He did well at the Senior Bowl against some mid round talent guys and plus we may be one of the best teams at developing Olineman in the NFL(questionable though now that Kromer is gone).

Long saw a lot of time at left guard at the Sr. Bowl and played the majority of his snaps there in the game. That is not a good sign. Specially for someone we need to compete for starting LEFT TACKLE.

I agree that we use to be good developing mid round OL talent but with Marrone and Kromer gone who knows if we can continue that success. Having Brown and 2 mid rounders only at LT is too much of a gamble IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom