2013 SR Non-Official Mock Draft 2nd Round Thread! (1 Viewer)

With their 2nd round pick, the Newy York JETS select:

D.J. Fluker OT/OG

WalterFootball said:
Going into the NFL, run blocking is Fluker's biggest strength. He is an absolute road grader who rides defensive linemen around the field and blasts open running lanes. The Crimson Tide had a ton of success running behind him every year, but especially in 2012. Fluker is a fiery leader who set the tone for his line. He plays with a mean streak and is very physical with defenders. When Fluker gets his hands on a defender in run blocking, that player is done.

It is obvious that Fluker has to improve his pass blocking. He needs to get better technique and faster in his drops. The junior has some quickness and athleticism, so it doesn't make sense for him to have such heavy feet. Fluker really struggles with speed-rushers coming around the corner or darting to the inside. That blocking technique is going to need a lot of work or he could be a weak link as a pass-protector.

If Fluker doesn't improve his pass protection, some NFL teams will probably want him to move to guard, especially if they feature pass-happy offenses. He could be an excellent guard in the NFL, so that reduces the risk associated with using a draft pick on him. It wouldn't be surprising if Fluker has a good performance at the NFL Scouting Combine to improve his draft stock and regain some first-round consideration. He currently looks like a lock for the second day and a likely second-round pick.

Well we wanted Jonathon Banks here and didn't figure Fluker to still be on the board, but we're happy to see that he was! The Jets O-line has their good days....and then their bad days, which usually fall on Sundays :mwink:. They replaced their RT last year with a man named Austin Howard. The man is pretty large but still a little raw. Sorta like my man Fluker here. The difference is, Howard has had 4 years in the NFL to fit somewhere and prove he's a beast. Now Fluker has a chance to come in and be a menace from day 1. He's been described as a MAULER in the run game which the Jets can hopefully get back to doing this next season. Due to his huge size and run blocking ability, he could also be asked to move inside and play Guard so this pick here seems like a safe one. The man will translate into a run blocking beast one way or another and the Jets will find a way to use him. Maybe with a decent O-line coach he can sure up the Right side of that line though and give Sanchez time to figure out what the heck he's doing back there with the ball in his hands.

Darkhorse is on the clock but he's got plenty of time yet.

Just waiting on Darkhorse985 to make the Titans pick and then I got a nice trade approved with the Bills. Just making sure my guy is gonna be there.

well while we're waiting. Fluker a decent pickup in the early 2nd? the Jets need all sorts of help protecting Sanchez

I think Sanchez gets the happy feet way to early in his drop back... Very good pick up though... What I really think Sanchez needs is someone to come in a challenge him for his starting job...

I think Sanchez gets the happy feet way to early in his drop back... Very good pick up though... What I really think Sanchez needs is someone to come in a challenge him for his starting job...

This isn't the best draft for that sadly. I wanted to hit up EJ Manuel in the 3rd but i decided id only pick him up if he lasted there. Wasnt about to get froggy for him. There's plenty of late round QBs that may end up being decent players in the next level

This isn't the best draft for that sadly. I wanted to hit up EJ Manuel in the 3rd but i decided id only pick him up if he lasted there. Wasnt about to get froggy for him. There's plenty of late round QBs that may end up being decent players in the next level

YEAH that is true... I really like Manuel... I was thinking about going with someone different in the 1st. with Buffalo and taking Manuel later on but i didn't want to chance it...

With the 40th pick in the draft the Tennessee Titans select Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut

Explanation: CB is the biggest need for the Titans that we have not addressed at all in free agency. We were definitely targeting a CB with one of our top 2 picks, and we feel that Blidi is a much better value at this spot than any CB besides Milliner would have been at 10. Blidi is a long DB that has 4.4 speed. We think he has the talent to develop into a tall, physical corner like Richard Sherman, Browner, or Sean Smith.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-OKbn296BYc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• Connecticut+v+Cincinnati+M40zPlRFWHJl.jpg
    Connecticut+v+Cincinnati+M40zPlRFWHJl.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm on the clock with the BILLS pick but I'm waiting for STEW... We have a trade in the works just waiting to see if the player he wants is still on the board...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom