2013 SR Non-Official Mock Draft 3rd Round Thread! (1 Viewer)

The Oakland Raiders select:

Darius Slay CB Mississippi St

Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 192.
40 Time: 4.36.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.
3/9/13: While Johnthan Banks has received the majority of the attention, Slay had a strong senior season and is a good prospect in his own right. He recorded five interceptions, 40 tackles and six passes broken up this year. Slay held up well when teams stayed away from Banks and Slay showed some man-coverage ability. He had 24 tackles, an interception and four passes defensed in 2011.

Slay was excellent at the Combine. He blazed a fast 40 time and looked good in the field drills. Slay's stock has been rising and some feel he could go ahead of Banks.

The Raiders need help in their secondary and this is an excellent value in the 3rd round.

Attachments

• dslay1.jpg
    dslay1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 73
The Oakland Raiders select:

Darius Slay CB Mississippi St

Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 192.
40 Time: 4.36.
3/9/13: While Johnthan Banks has received the majority of the attention, Slay had a strong senior season and is a good prospect in his own right. He recorded five interceptions, 40 tackles and six passes broken up this year. Slay held up well when teams stayed away from Banks and Slay showed some man-coverage ability. He had 24 tackles, an interception and four passes defensed in 2011.

Slay was excellent at the Combine. He blazed a fast 40 time and looked good in the field drills. Slay's stock has been rising and some feel he could go ahead of Banks.

The Raiders need help in their secondary and this is an excellent value in the 3rd round.

I like that pick, I'm surprised he's lasted so long.

Hey guys I'm gonna be away from a computer till about 9pm. If someone thinks they will miss their time slot pm Treeduck or Nextyear. When I get back I will update everything.

I'm still stuck at work doing evaluations, running off on coffee. How is everyone else doing?

I just got home. Rough day but I'll try to hang in til nine. Gotta keep this moving. I sent rocky a pm. Who should he consider for his pick in case we have to pull the trigger for him.

Rocky is up next, thought I saw him in the thread a minute ago...

With the Fifth Pick in the 3rd round The Eagles Select

Alabama_logo.gif
Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 306. Arm: 34.18.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.

Barrett-Jones.jpg

3/16/13: Jones' best position for the NFL is probably center, but he also has the ability to play guard after being a standout at guard as a freshman and sophomore. Having played left tackle as a junior and center as senior, Jones is the rare lineman who can play any position on the offensive line.

Jones finished his collegiate career with his excellent performance against Notre Dame in the National Championship. He won the vast majority of his reps against the Irish's tough interior defensive linemen. A foot injury kept him out of the Senior Bowl.

The Eagles lack two things that are very neccessary to be a successful football team. A good offensive line and leadership. Not only can Jones plug in and play ANYWHERE on that horrible offensive line......he will also bring leadership and desire to a young team with a new coach that desperately needs it.

Eagles Selections so far:
1st Round: Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
2nd Round: EJ Manueal - QB - Florida St.
3rd Round: Barret Jones - T/G/C - Alabama

With the Fifth Pick in the 3rd round The Eagles Select

Alabama_logo.gif
Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 306. Arm: 34.18.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.

Barrett-Jones.jpg

3/16/13: Jones' best position for the NFL is probably center, but he also has the ability to play guard after being a standout at guard as a freshman and sophomore. Having played left tackle as a junior and center as senior, Jones is the rare lineman who can play any position on the offensive line.

Jones finished his collegiate career with his excellent performance against Notre Dame in the National Championship. He won the vast majority of his reps against the Irish's tough interior defensive linemen. A foot injury kept him out of the Senior Bowl.

The Eagles lack two things that are very neccessary to be a successful football team. A good offensive line and leadership. Not only can Jones plug in and play ANYWHERE on that horrible offensive line......he will also bring leadership and desire to a young team with a new coach that desperately needs it.
Nice pick, can't believe he lasted this long. Probably the most versatile o lineman in the draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom