2014 draft dates, free agency, combine (1 Viewer)

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
RT @LarryHolder: RT @RLiuNFL: 2014 @NFL Draft to be held May 8-10 @RadioCity. League year/free agency begin March 11. Combine held Feb 18-25

RT @LarryHolder: RT @RLiuNFL: 2014 @NFL Draft to be held May 8-10 @RadioCity. League year/free agency begin March 11. Combine held Feb 18-25

Is the point to make the league schedule more compact rather than everything being a drawn out process in the off season?

They were just talking about it on local radio. It has to do with TV advertising $$$$

May = sweeps = higher $ demand for advertising time.

The NFL does everything it can to squeeze every penny out of consumers, advertisers, and tv contracts yet they will claim to be paupers when it comes time to bump the salary cap.

This is bull crap won't this mean players will have less time to practice and learn the play book

May sweeps may be irrelevant. May is a big ratings month for network TV, but I don't think that November and May sweeps applies to cable ratings. If they did, you would see more cable serieses having their season finale's in May like on terrestrial TV, but cable serieses begin and end at their own times.

I think this is more about just 2 more weeks of exposure.

May sweeps may be irrelevant. May is a big ratings month for network TV, but I don't think that November and May sweeps applies to cable ratings. If they did, you would see more cable serieses having their season finale's in May like on terrestrial TV, but cable serieses begin and end at their own times.

I think this is more about just 2 more weeks of exposure.

fans could use it

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZUfjngfcW1c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol throwing out names of people don't exist "i hope he falls to us"

This sounds like the NFL is making space for those extra games they plan to add to the season.

Moving the Draft to May is part of the NFL's initiative to continue their monopolization of the American sports calendar. It will compete partly with the NBA playoffs, MLB regular season and its not even a regular season game. Its an offseason event that will "own" and take away ratings and viewership from the NBA and MLB. Goodell wants every major American sports league to bow at the throne of the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom