2015 draft (1 Viewer)

These posts are stupid.

If I'd a picked red instead of black last night I would've won in roulette.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We drafted Roman Harper we could have taken Bernard Pollard.
We drafted Jahri Evans, we could have drafted Isaac Sowells.
We drafted Zach Strief, we could have drafted Pat McQuistan.
We drafted Marques Colston when we could have drafted Kevin McMahan.

Some times you get the bull, some times the bull gets you. We all want to think of the great player we could have drafted, but we never think about how we could have never had that guy on our roster, or we would have missed on the player if we had the opportunity to redraft.

Forcing four fumbles isn't awesome to you? And he isn't the one who said "Hey, drop back into coverage a lot." That was Rob Ryan.

Depends on how/if he comes back. Having to recover from 3 ACL tears is tough. If he recovers to his previous self and plays well, we may be OK. If he doesn't, what he has done thus far would not rate as a "win." He is an unknown at this point.

We drafted Roman Harper we could have taken Bernard Pollard.
We drafted Jahri Evans, we could have drafted Isaac Sowells.
We drafted Zach Strief, we could have drafted Pat McQuistan.
We drafted Marques Colston when we could have drafted Kevin McMahan.

Some times you get the bull, some times the bull gets you. We all want to think of the great player we could have drafted, but we never think about how we could have never had that guy on our roster, or we would have missed on the player if we had the opportunity to redraft.

Agreed, but that is 10 years ago. It is evident that we have not done a great job through the draft lately. Part of it is just not having a lot of picks (between boutygate and a propensity to want to trade up frequently).

Agreed, but that is 10 years ago. It is evident that we have not done a great job through the draft lately. Part of it is just not having a lot of picks (between boutygate and a propensity to want to trade up frequently).

The point I was trying to make was, people get caught up thinking of these guys we could have draft while forgetting that other teams missed on them too. Just because we miss on a player doesn't make us a bad team, because if so, that means there are 31 other "bad teams" in the league as well because they missed on drafting that player too.

We need to get past the revisionist history.

I'm sorry but the Grayson pick was one of the worst picks in the Payton era.

You don't pick a player in the 3rd round that has a very little chance of ever playing for you. Not a knock against Grayson, didn't really matter how he turned out, you just don't pick a guy sitting behind a hall of fame player in his prime and is one of the iron men in football when you have so many needs. It was just dumb.

The right pick was so freaking obvious. You had a can't miss, first round talent at a position we are weak that fit our system perfectly, a high character guy too sitting their in the 3rd round and we pick a backup to a a guy that never comes off the field.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/91JjC0RnphU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sorry but the Grayson pick was one of the worst picks in the Payton era.

You don't pick a player in the 3rd round that has a very little chance of ever playing for you. Not a not against Grayson, you just don't pick a guy sitting behind a hall of fame player in his prime and is one of the iron men in football when you have so many needs. It was just dumb.

The right pick was so freaking obvious. You had a can't miss, first round talent at a position we are weak that fit our system perfectly, a high character guy too sitting their in the 3rd round and we pick a backup to a a guy that never comes off the field.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/91JjC0RnphU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed but I knew it wasn't going to happen when we doubled up and Grabbed Ingram/Spiller in FA. I practically cried when we resigned Ingram with like a few hours left b4 he hit the market. He was a legit perfect fit for this offense in every way. Deuce McCallister size with Reggie receiving Skills.

Agreed but I knew it wasn't going to happen when we doubled up and Grabbed Ingram/Spiller in FA. I practically cried when we resigned Ingram with like a few hours left b4 he hit the market. He was a legit perfect fit for this offense in every way. Deuce McCallister size with Reggie receiving Skills.

I knew too. I was equally upset when we re-signed Ingram. I am on record saying David Johnson would be the best RB in the draft, a draft that included Melvin Gordon and Gurley so it's not like this is a hindsight post. A guy I knew would be there when we picked in the third. I would have been quite alright if we drafted him in the 2nd. We needed help on defense but that guy would have helped our defense a whole bunch. A guy that can kill the clock at the end of games, sustain drives from the slot, a redzone threat as a runner or receiver with the nose for the endzone, etc, etc, etc. You just don't get sure things in the third round very often at any position. He was as sure as they come. The measurables, the work ethic, the intelligence, the production in college, the receiving skills, the running skills and he is so multi talented we would have essentially been able to recoup 2 spots on our roster and all the while save a ton of salary cap space. At least we weren't the only ones. The scouts with the Falcons should have been fired when they picked Tevin Coleman over David Johnson just a few spots earlier.

This is a serious thread. The 2015 draft was supposed to be a foundation draft. The draft was not strong at the very top--the talent had thinned out when we were on the clock at 13. And the injuries to Williams and Swann were beyond our control, and both along with Davidson were good picks.

However, we had three high picks. Peat at 13, certainly in retrospect, was a poor pick, though 2015 was a bad year to be picking at 13. He may improve, but he certainly was not a first-degree talent and at best will be an average starter in the league.

Anthony has the talent, and we will find next year whether he becomes the core player he looked last year or whether the organization picked a player who is a bad fit for what it wants to do on defense or whom it is incapable of developing.

Kikaha was picked too high given his 40 time and medical history.[/QUOTE

All the mock drafts had us taking Collins at 13. Thinking the saints were focused on Collins And DT after both fell through they panicked.

I concede that the 2015 draft did not break well for us with the last-second issues about Collins (though that we did not draft him at all--the Saints don't have some access to law enforcement in Baton Rouge--is baffling).

However, overall, I still would not describe Kikaha's 2015 production as awesome, which suggests he made a trip to the Pro Bowl. Did he make most all-rookie teams? Did he make any? Anthony did.

I have high hopes for Kikaha. He was a play making machine until he was forced to play out of position. I hope next season he can come back and return to his sacking, forced fumbling, wrecking havoc ways.

Depends on how/if he comes back. Having to recover from 3 ACL tears is tough. If he recovers to his previous self and plays well, we may be OK. If he doesn't, what he has done thus far would not rate as a "win." He is an unknown at this point.

Hopefully he's been on the phone with Thomas Davis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom