2016 Saints Report Official Camp Beast (1 Viewer)

Who is this year's 2016 Official Camp Beast

• Michael Thomas

Votes: 69 39.4%
  • Tyeler Davison

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Ken Crawley

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Tomylee Lewis

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Sheldon Rankins

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • PJ Williams

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Obum Gwacham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasim Edebali

• De'vante Harris

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Someone else

• Total voters

Deuuuuce

So much 4 being rusty
Reaction score
Put your vote in. There are lots of good candidates this year, but there can only be one CAMP BEAST.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This might be the year that Camp Beast and Actual NFL Beast are the same person...Michael Thomas.

Zardnok

Zardnokalicious!
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought of the Camp Beast as someone that came from no-where to show out and make the team. Someone like Tommy Lee Lewis.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Can I change my vote from Rankins now that he's been carted off and is in an air cast?

God damn it.

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I voted Lewis because in my mind camp beast should be shocking, and a lot of people expected Thomas to kill it. I'd be fine with either one winning, but my vote goes to Lewis, I think he has a real shot at making the team.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A highly Drafted Rookie is no Camp beast. Those are the players that are expected to shine as their names were called already in prime time. The beast are nearly always an UDFA or a free agent that hasn't made a name for himself yet in the NFL. The beast can remain a beast for several seasons, but he won't be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

While the poll and thread should be fun, the most important thing we get out of this thread is a consensus on understanding what a camp beast truly means.

xardoz

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Tyeler D is actually the BEAST of this camp, but he was on the radar. He had a strong second half last year, so I do not know if he qualifies.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I gotta go with Crawley since he almost single handedly got everyone excited about our secondary, and actually made a few posters forget about KL. I think he picked off all of our quarterbacks throughout camp.

I agree with the above that high draft picks shouldn't be considered for camp beast or else MT would be too obvious a choice.
And Lewis is a close second after Crawley

JRead2

Hades is frozen.
Reaction score
I don't think Michael Thomas (or Rankins) can be "camp beast". They are expected to be studs. "Camp beast" should be a surprise contender (like Colston was when he was a rookie).

cajunman9

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I went with Crawley because he has been a defensive surprise with interceptions and cover skills being advertised daily in the newspapers. He had a very good game against the Patriots along with his battery mates Devante Harris, Ed Harris, and Nate Stupar at Linebacker. I also liked what I saw from our 7th round pick running back Daniel Lasco. But Ken Crawley is my pick.
I do believe our team will surprise with a much different look with new players on the final 53. It's a very exciting time. I wish Rankins will be okay early, because he will be a monster in the middle of the DL.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Objection
Overruled.

I kind of like that there isn't a clear choice. That's a good thing, right? I voted Thomas because I think he's exceeded expectations. I wanted to vote Tommylee because I think he's going to be the second Lewis we all love.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought of the Camp Beast as someone that came from no-where to show out and make the team. Someone like Tommy Lee Lewis.
This. Camp Beasts are no name, off brand dudes who blow up camp. Tommylee Lewis is that guy this year. Reports coming out of camp suggest that he's the quickest player to ever play football.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Overruled.

I kind of like that there isn't a clear choice. That's a good thing, right? I voted Thomas because I think he's exceeded expectations. I wanted to vote Tommylee because I think he's going to be the second Lewis we all love.

In that case, I strenuously object!

High draft picks aren't eligible for camp beast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints Demario Davis almost retired in 2016. Now he's on his 2nd contract in New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NeedforSnead Can we just appreciate far we’ve come from the 2014-2016 Era Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas' could miss 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What Michael Thomas' ankle injury means for him and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints C/G Cesar Ruiz will make his NFL Debut SR News Page Articles 0
4 downs (Saints vs. Raiders) Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Emmanuel Sanders on Saints Wide Receivers, Week 2 gameplan | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Terron Armstead on Saints D-line, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette C.J. Gardner-Johnson on Raiders Offense, Saints Run Defense | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Saints 9/19/20 Injury Report (Michael Thomas officially ruled out) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints Fans are taking over the Vegas Strip Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
How the Saints are handling road games in 2020: 'Buyouts' of most hotels, more buses than usual Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints sign college teammates Anthony Zettel, Grant Haley to the practice squad Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints vs. Raiders: Matchups to Watch SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints practice squad adds two free agents after tryouts SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Saturday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Saints' Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rookie LB Zack Baun expected to make NFL debut against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Answers about Michael Thomas, the secondary, practice squad call-ups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen ruled out for Saints at Las Vegas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints will be without both Michael Thomas and Marcus Davenport against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Podcast: Saints vs. Raiders MNF Preview Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Week 2 rooting guide: Who Saints fans should want to win and who they should be rooting against Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Alex Anzalone on Josh Jacobs, Saints Linebackers | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Tre'Quan Smith Talks Saints Offense, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Jared Cook on Jon Gruden, Saints Offensive Depth | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette NFL Week 2: Cesar Ruiz upgraded on Saints-Raiders injury report SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Column: Don't be afraid, the Saints will still reign SR News Page Articles 0
Mike Tilleman, member of first New Orleans Saints team, dead at age 76 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders Friday injury report: Cesar Ruiz full Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Is this the best combined Saints defense/special teams/kicking units of all time? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Saints' C/G Cesar Ruiz 'feeling a lot better' after ankle injury, still to work at center, guard Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders stack up for Week 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rookie Ruiz likely to debut as starter against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If crowd was allowed, Saints fans would've dominated at Raiders home opener, forecast shows Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Cincy Saint Film breakdown - Saints defense takes away the middle from Brady and the Bucs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints @ Raiders: Key matchups include Marshon Lattimore against the speedy Ruggs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC’s Fantasy Start/Sit: Saints vs. Raiders, what to do with Emmanuel Sanders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
mdharper MNF Raiders at Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1