2016 Saints Report Official Camp Beast (1 Viewer)

Who is this year's 2016 Official Camp Beast

• Michael Thomas

Votes: 69 39.4%
  • Tyeler Davison

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Ken Crawley

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Tomylee Lewis

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Sheldon Rankins

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • PJ Williams

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Obum Gwacham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasim Edebali

• De'vante Harris

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Someone else

• Total voters

Deuuuuce

So much 4 being rusty
Reaction score
Put your vote in. There are lots of good candidates this year, but there can only be one CAMP BEAST.

This might be the year that Camp Beast and Actual NFL Beast are the same person...Michael Thomas.

I always thought of the Camp Beast as someone that came from no-where to show out and make the team. Someone like Tommy Lee Lewis.

I voted Lewis because in my mind camp beast should be shocking, and a lot of people expected Thomas to kill it. I'd be fine with either one winning, but my vote goes to Lewis, I think he has a real shot at making the team.

A highly Drafted Rookie is no Camp beast. Those are the players that are expected to shine as their names were called already in prime time. The beast are nearly always an UDFA or a free agent that hasn't made a name for himself yet in the NFL. The beast can remain a beast for several seasons, but he won't be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

While the poll and thread should be fun, the most important thing we get out of this thread is a consensus on understanding what a camp beast truly means.

Tyeler D is actually the BEAST of this camp, but he was on the radar. He had a strong second half last year, so I do not know if he qualifies.

I gotta go with Crawley since he almost single handedly got everyone excited about our secondary, and actually made a few posters forget about KL. I think he picked off all of our quarterbacks throughout camp.

I agree with the above that high draft picks shouldn't be considered for camp beast or else MT would be too obvious a choice.
And Lewis is a close second after Crawley

I don't think Michael Thomas (or Rankins) can be "camp beast". They are expected to be studs. "Camp beast" should be a surprise contender (like Colston was when he was a rookie).

I went with Crawley because he has been a defensive surprise with interceptions and cover skills being advertised daily in the newspapers. He had a very good game against the Patriots along with his battery mates Devante Harris, Ed Harris, and Nate Stupar at Linebacker. I also liked what I saw from our 7th round pick running back Daniel Lasco. But Ken Crawley is my pick.
I do believe our team will surprise with a much different look with new players on the final 53. It's a very exciting time. I wish Rankins will be okay early, because he will be a monster in the middle of the DL.

Overruled.

I kind of like that there isn't a clear choice. That's a good thing, right? I voted Thomas because I think he's exceeded expectations. I wanted to vote Tommylee because I think he's going to be the second Lewis we all love.

I always thought of the Camp Beast as someone that came from no-where to show out and make the team. Someone like Tommy Lee Lewis.

This. Camp Beasts are no name, off brand dudes who blow up camp. Tommylee Lewis is that guy this year. Reports coming out of camp suggest that he's the quickest player to ever play football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom