2016 Saints will be a 2nd Half of Season Strong Team (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
With all these last minute signings in key positions, I feel excited at some of the talent it looks like we got pretty cheap, but it also concerns me a little that we are in scramble mode the week before our 1st game. And we will be starting a bunch of 1st time CBs.

If we lose to the Raiders, I was ready to write-off the season. I don't think I will do that much anymore. With all the last minute signing of starters who need time to learn our systems and gel with the players and coaches and the new CBs who will likely take some time to get experience and confidence, I think this team could get on a major role in the 2nd half of the season.

How many of you think this team will come out on fire from Game 1 or do you think it will take time to gel and or do you think it will take an entire year to gel?

Nothing about this offensive line tells me they are going to gel this year. I worry for Drew. With the cap relief from his new contract, I was hoping they would bring in an NFL guard. I guess it's still possible at this late date. Without that, I'm not optimistic about this season.

With all these last minute signings in key positions, I feel excited at some of the talent it looks like we got pretty cheap, but it also concerns me a little that we are in scramble mode the week before our 1st game. And we will be starting a bunch of 1st time CBs.

If we lose to the Raiders, I was ready to write-off the season. I don't think I will do that much anymore. With all the last minute signing of starters who need time to learn our systems and gel with the players and coaches and the new CBs who will likely take some time to get experience and confidence, I think this team could get on a major role in the 2nd half of the season.

How many of you think this team will come out on fire from Game 1 or do you think it will take time to gel and or do you think it will take an entire year to gel?

Sounds like a perfect recipe for a second half season of "why are we winning now?!? We're blowing our chance for a top draft choice!!"

For the record, I'm in general agreement with this. My hope is we gel early, but that may be a tall order with this much roster turnover.

Multiple backs and the versatility of CJ Spiller should be able to alleviate a good portion of pressure on the offense line much like what was happening in 2011 with Sproles, Thomas and company.

I've mentioned this before. We will know what this team is as we approach the halfway point in the season. Everyone probably hates the early bye week, but I love it. I think we need the extra week early to get a little more practice in for the rest of the year.

Also, I get to take my yearly "Saint's bye week vacation" to the beach when its still relatively hot weather.

Nothing about this offensive line tells me they are going to gel this year. I worry for Drew. With the cap relief from his new contract, I was hoping they would bring in an NFL guard. I guess it's still possible at this late date. Without that, I'm not optimistic about this season.
Well they did bring back Jahri. Not sure how reassuring that is though

I feel good about the team, wish we had more OL depth, but we will be ok, good test for the DL tomorrow

I do believe we will be a better and more competitive team the second half of the season. The concern I have is that if we dig too big of a hole, particularly during the first 4 games, it will once again be very difficult to get to a competitive point for a post season berth. We just have to get out of the gate no worse than 2 - 2 and 1 - 3 will once again be a post season killer for this young team.

Do you remember how big a mess Carolina's Oline was at the beginning of last year? Or Seattle's 3 years ago?

I'm not saying it happens for the Saints, but it does happen and to very good teams.

Oh, and I agree with a Swimmer thread. Ack!

Multiple backs and the versatility of CJ Spiller should be able to alleviate a good portion of pressure on the offense line much like what was happening in 2011 with Sproles, Thomas and company.

How are their LBs? If they don't have speed there, Spiller could be in for a big game.

It's a shame that the early season is where the easy games are. if we wait to come out until the second half, it will be too late. Possibly pushing us to another nightmare scenario of a 7 win season with no playoffs and a mediocre draft spot.

Can't argue with this. Too many changes the week before game and plenty first timers on defense to realistically expect domination,
There are unknowns with both these teams and I am expecting a really competitive game.
the O-line will have a hard time, with mack but we got Drew and he counts for 2 on the offense in my book.

We may have a strong 2nd half of the season but we need to start hot too. Historically under Payton, a slow start to the season ends up meaning on inconsistent one. Losing 3 in a row and reeling off 4 Ws, only to get hopes up and then letting us down

* I do think we'll start out on fire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom