2017 Draft: Mahomes 'gave the chiefs a little info' (1 Viewer)

Your inference, rather than evidential fact, I would dare to say.
No doubt, but Suh, Watson, OBJ are other examples of high profile free agents who we targeted hard and lost.

Sorry, but I’m not counting Honey Badger and Juice in their decline as great FA wins vs competition.

As a reminder Sean left as well and wants greener pastures.

Sometimes I wonder about this "what if" possibility and how it could have changed the future.

Say the Saints managed to draft him... I think Drew retires sooner, and I think SP is still coaching the Saints today

Just some more salt in our very open QB wound. I think he's the best QB in the league but I'm so tired of "we missed out discussion".

He is not saying he didn´t want to go to the Saints... he said he didn´t know about the Saints' interest at the time. Maybe that would have changed something. Either way, it seems clear to me that he is talking about not wanting to be drafted by the Texans.

No doubt, but Suh, Watson, OBJ are other examples of high profile free agents who we targeted hard and lost.

Sorry, but I’m not counting Honey Badger and Juice in their decline as great FA wins vs competition.

As a reminder Sean left as well and wants greener pastures.
Glad you see the point that Mahomes said nothing against coming here.

As to other players you mention, we were hardly the only teams chasing them who were left unsatisfied. I think there's a tendency only to remember the negative outcomes when talking about these things.

That's a hindsight statement. If NO got him he'd be saying he told NO y'all better draft me at 12 because I won't be there at 13.
Or he wouldn't still be talking about it because the only reason we still are is because Payton wanted to draft him. If he did, this whole thing is a non story.

Thing about Mahomes is you give it about 3-4 years or wait until Kelce gets injured or old, and then you see what kind of QB he is. He going to fade like Russell Wilson. Then they gave him a 10 year contract.

This was said this offseason when they traded Hill and instead they got better. It's the first time since 2018 that they have averaged over 30pts/game and his passing yards per game is back over 300. He benefits from having more options to throw to than just 1 or 2.

Thing about Mahomes is you give it about 3-4 years or wait until Kelce gets injured or old, and then you see what kind of QB he is. He going to fade like Russell Wilson. Then they gave him a 10 year contract.
Wilson never had arm talent like Mahomes. His niche was his ability to evade pressure and keep plays alive which usually resulted in him chucking 50/50 balls down the field. Mahomes can kill you from inside the pocket all day long and make tight window throws with guys in his face

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom