2017 Free Agents (1 Viewer)

Freshcakes

Veteran
Reaction score
Free Agent Wish list

WR Marquis Goodwin

This guy is a stud at taking the roof off the defense.
On paper we don't need a WR. But I think we need someone who can take the top off. We were at our best when we had Devery and Meachem. Even with Joe Morgan we had a real deep threat. Cooks is that guy but his body frame and the way he plays he's been utilized on underneath stuff except that 98 yarder. Still I think we need another guy who can go up the seam since Fleener does not appear to be that guy. When we had Devery and Meachem going up the seam and/or Graham we were unstoppable. That's why the screen passes worked. That's why the dump off passes to PT were so deadly. And its the reason why we get nothing today. The problem is not Cadet (though he's subpar). The problem is the safeties and Lbs are waiting on our west coast underneath stuff. Lets make them pay. Get a burner.

DE Von Miller
No brainer. But he'll be franchised.

DE Jason Paul Pierre.
The guy is an athletic freak and you put him on a good DL as we're building and he will flourish.

DE Devin Taylor
On a per snap basis he's so productive and tall and fast. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him.

CB Stephon Gilmore
Another Buffalo CB who is a stud
Young, fast, big and with attitude. Pair him with Breaux and we will have the best young shutdown duo on the league. PJ will be great backup. And Moore also i want to keep.

OG Kevin Zeitler
Would solidify the interior of our line and we could focus on drafting an OT to replace Strief since they tend to be more expensive.

Free Agent Wish list

WR Marquis Goodwin

This guy is a stud at taking the roof off the defense.
On paper we don't need a WR. But I think we need someone who can take the top off. We were at our best when we had Devery and Meachem. Even with Joe Morgan we had a real deep threat. Cooks is that guy but his body frame and the way he plays he's been utilized on underneath stuff except that 98 yarder. Still I think we need another guy who can go up the seam since Fleener does not appear to be that guy. When we had Devery and Meachem going up the seam and/or Graham we were unstoppable. That's why the screen passes worked. That's why the dump off passes to PT were so deadly. And its the reason why we get nothing today. The problem is not Cadet (though he's subpar). The problem is the safeties and Lbs are waiting on our west coast underneath stuff. Lets make them pay. Get a burner.

DE Von Miller
No brainer. But he'll be franchised.

DE Jason Paul Pierre.
The guy is an athletic freak and you put him on a good DL as we're building and he will flourish.

DE Devin Taylor
On a per snap basis he's so productive and tall and fast. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him.

CB Stephon Gilmore
Another Buffalo CB who is a stud
Young, fast, big and with attitude. Pair him with Breaux and we will have the best young shutdown duo on the league. PJ will be great backup. And Moore also i want to keep.

OG Kevin Zeitler
Would solidify the interior of our line and we could focus on drafting an OT to replace Strief since they tend to be more expensive.
Definitely need Gilmore.

Although the sad reality is I don't think we'll make a move for him like we did Norman.

Von Miller already signed a huge deal.

IMO our #1 FA target should be Jamie Collins or one of the top pass rushers in this years class. Adding him would instantly make our Dline one of the most feared in the NFL. Collins/Fairley/Rankins/Jordan getting after the QB would be incredible. This kid can do it all and would be a huge addition to our defense. Either of Zeitler or DeCastro would be great pick ups at OG as well. A position that is likely to be one of our biggest needs and would like to see us address now to give Brees the best protection he can get immediately. Our OLine looks good right now but I want it to be great. The addition of one stud OG and expected improvement from Peat can put us near the top. We need to address OG with a solid FA and add some talent through the draft. Our OLine is not far from being stacked top to bottom. Outside of those 2 positions I think CB is the only other position you could say is a big need. I would like to see us address these 3 positions in FA while even doubling up in the draft.

I really think our team is so close to being very good in all areas. Adding a few stud FAs along with a decent draft will really put this team in serious contention. This season will be a good time for young players to grow while allowing us to find those last few positions we need to upgrade on. We are set at all of the skill positions on offense along with the OLine having a very solid foundation to build on. The defense is stacked in the interior along with a stud DE and what should be quality depth if we add another stud DE. We look solid at LB but could use the draft to add youth and athleticism to the group. We are set at safety with 2 good starters and solid depth with Bell who looks like a rare draft hit. Even the CB position should look very good going into next season after the young guns gain another year of experience. With Breaux/PJ on the outside we are in good hands while Crawley/Harris should also be improved. This group healthy would look good now so another year should help out.

This team is a lot closer then it might look to being one of the more complete teams we have seen in the Payton era. They have done the right thing clearing house with a lot of bad contracts even though it has hurt us in the short term. IMO this team is definitely headed in the right direction and with some FA signings hopefully going our way for once we could be seriously competing for SBs until Brees hangs it up.

We need like 10 starting caliber cornerbacks because we will lose half of them to injury by week 3 or some even before the season starts.

IMO our #1 FA target should be Jamie Collins or one of the top pass rushers in this years class. Adding him would instantly make our Dline one of the most feared in the NFL. Collins/Fairley/Rankins/Jordan getting after the QB would be incredible. This kid can do it all and would be a huge addition to our defense. Either of Zeitler or DeCastro would be great pick ups at OG as well. A position that is likely to be one of our biggest needs and would like to see us address now to give Brees the best protection he can get immediately. Our OLine looks good right now but I want it to be great. The addition of one stud OG and expected improvement from Peat can put us near the top. We need to address OG with a solid FA and add some talent through the draft. Our OLine is not far from being stacked top to bottom. Outside of those 2 positions I think CB is the only other position you could say is a big need. I would like to see us address these 3 positions in FA while even doubling up in the draft.

I really think our team is so close to being very good in all areas. Adding a few stud FAs along with a decent draft will really put this team in serious contention. This season will be a good time for young players to grow while allowing us to find those last few positions we need to upgrade on. We are set at all of the skill positions on offense along with the OLine having a very solid foundation to build on. The defense is stacked in the interior along with a stud DE and what should be quality depth if we add another stud DE. We look solid at LB but could use the draft to add youth and athleticism to the group. We are set at safety with 2 good starters and solid depth with Bell who looks like a rare draft hit. Even the CB position should look very good going into next season after the young guns gain another year of experience. With Breaux/PJ on the outside we are in good hands while Crawley/Harris should also be improved. This group healthy would look good now so another year should help out.

This team is a lot closer then it might look to being one of the more complete teams we have seen in the Payton era. They have done the right thing clearing house with a lot of bad contracts even though it has hurt us in the short term. IMO this team is definitely headed in the right direction and with some FA signings hopefully going our way for once we could be seriously competing for SBs until Brees hangs it up.

Only want Collins if can not get Garrett

DeCastro signed a long term deal 5yr/50 mil.....He has family in the area also....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom