2017 LSU Offseason Thread (1 Viewer)

I like what I'm hearing about the new offense. The defense is having to deal with elements they have never seen before. Canada is evidently very good at figuring out mismatches and confusing the s#%^ out of the defense.

I think we are in for an exciting show

I understand that Aranda's defense has been torched already. Chark is on Twitter claiming the title of best offense in the country. Just that kind of confidence is a 180° change for the better. ALL of the QBs are throwing, sometimes all at once tripling the amount of work the QBs and WRs are getting now. The recruits are excited when they watch practice now.

I understand that Aranda's defense has been torched already. Chark is on Twitter claiming the title of best offense in the country. Just that kind of confidence is a 180° change for the better. ALL of the QBs are throwing, sometimes all at once tripling the amount of work the QBs and WRs are getting now. The recruits are excited when they watch practice now.

I bet Aranda is ****** to get torched, but loves having a challenging counterpart on O.

Can only make us better having two coordinators who can expose their weaknesses and having both coordinators driven to find ways to improve on those weaknesses.

TTU DT transfer Breiden Fehoko is in Baton Rouge this weekend. He is being hosted by Teuhema. I read on another site a pretty cool connection that Fehoko already has with the LSU staff. Apparently Aranda got to know the family when he was at Hawaii. He recruited Fehoko's older brother for LBer. When Fehoko showed up in BR with mom and dad, guess who else was in tow? Why big brother VJ Fehoko, of course.

Hopefully Teuhema is working the Poly connection, too.

I agree that the chess matches between Canada and Aranda can only have a positive impact on both sides of the ball. I'm anxious to see this new offense in action!

Reports out of Baton Rouge are that Etling is picking up the system very well. He's commented that this is the easiest system he's ever played in.
Good to hear.

Prediction;
Etling will start and once the season is complete, he'll have close to 2,700 yards with better than 58% completion ratio, over 15 TD's and less than 8 int's. This isn't even spectacular but it ought to be enough to get some solid offensive production from the QB with a productive ground game to compliment it.

Sooo... Arden Key was seen in the sidelines at practice yesterday.

Texas Tech DT transfers to LSU....Breiden Fehoko

anyone know about this dude?

He left Hawaii and signed with Texas Tech as part of the 2015 class. He played the past two seasons with the Red Raiders, starting in 25 games and recorded 38 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and a pair of sacks.
He was very sought after. He's a good addition even though he has to sit out one year.

I few notes...

TTU DT transfer Breiden Fehoko is in Baton Rouge this weekend. He is being hosted by Teuhema. I read on another site a pretty cool connection that Fehoko already has with the LSU staff. Apparently Aranda got to know the family when he was at Hawaii. He recruited Fehoko's older brother for LBer. When Fehoko showed up in BR with mom and dad, guess who else was in tow? Why big brother VJ Fehoko, of course.

Hopefully Teuhema is working the Poly connection, too.
He also is friends with Ed Alexander as they took a couple visits together during the 2015 Class recruiting season. It seems like LSU had this one in the bag from the get go. As a non-graduate transfer, he will not be able to play in any games this season, but he will be able to practice and workout with the team. He will have 2 years of eligibility remaining. That's going to bode well next year when Gilmore. LaCouture and Herron are gone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matt Canada just now: &quot;Anybody who says you can&#39;t run this offense in the SEC, we&#39;ll see you in the fall!&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LSU?src=hash">#LSU</a> <a href="https://t.co/wtj4PZ9egj">pic.twitter.com/wtj4PZ9egj</a></p>&mdash; Walking With Tigers (@LSUTigersBook) <a href="https://twitter.com/LSUTigersBook/status/854753208144625673">April 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom