2017 NFL Draft Prospect (3 Viewers)

The biggest problem is the best talent at 11 will likely be an offensive player like OJ Howard or Mike Williams but from all reports there is no way they are even going to consider BPA there.

The best talent for what the Saints need on defense is between pick #32 and the end of round 3 which is why trading out of the 11th pick makes more sense than a 20 spot reach for a player there.

I really dont see the saints picking any offensive players this draft.

I would be stunned if they did.

There are some receivers that I like late and runners but I doubt they pull the trigger
Prepare to be stunned. I think they will take a back and a receiver and possibly early than later.

Prepare to be stunned. I think they will take a back and a receiver and possibly early than later.

You usually have the inside scoop on these things so I hope that you are right.:9:

Do you see Fournette falling to 11?

Is there any interest in Mike Williams who would go great with Mike Thomas?

What do you think about Zay Jones, James Conner, Josh Reynolds and Kareem Hunt?

Two late round receivers, Kendall Sanders and Karel Hamilton have caught my eye lately too

Dunno NOFALCON. I think that quote from coach said two things:

1) don't need anymore interior dlinemen (except of course for a backup to Davison).
2) need a RDE with "juice". I take that to mean speed, explosion -not a power rusher, but a speed rusher.

That might be someone like Jordan Willis, Carl Lawson, Tyus Bowser, Derek Rivers, Trey Hedrickson, Tim Williams, etc. Someone like that will be available on day 2.

Saints have done so well in free agency plugging holes that I could easily see them taking best player available at #11.

#11 - BPA
#32 - CB
#42 - EDGE

That would still leaves two 3rd's to go after more secondary, or a 3rd down back, etc. And some of the CB's and S's in this draft will be available day 3. The draft is that deep. There's going to be some great safeties that go undrafted this year.

Dunno NOFALCON. I think that quote from coach said two things:

1) don't need anymore interior dlinemen (except of course for a backup to Davison).
2) need a RDE with "juice". I take that to mean speed, explosion -not a power rusher, but a speed rusher.

That might be someone like Jordan Willis, Carl Lawson, Tyus Bowser, Derek Rivers, Trey Hedrickson, Tim Williams, etc. Someone like that will be available on day 2.

Saints have done so well in free agency plugging holes that I could easily see them taking best player available at #11.

#11 - BPA
#32 - CB
#42 - EDGE

That would still leaves two 3rd's to go after more secondary, or a 3rd down back, etc. And some of the CB's and S's in this draft will be available day 3. The draft is that deep. There's going to be some great safeties that go undrafted this year.

That's the problem.

In the NFL power trumps speed for the most part. Ask Reggie White or Justin Smith. The quickest distance between two points is a straight line.
You have to also have to have edge bend to make that speed functonal like a Noah Spence or Vic Beasley.

And at the end of the day pressure is pressure no matter how you get it. Im just saying exhaust every option on your roster first when searching for pass rushers.

I still love Ejuan Price as a run Stopper and I wouldn't mind taking Deatrich Wise as an all around player with that last 3rd rounder. I think they are likely the best runstop/containment ends in the draft.

I still love Ejuan Price as a run Stopper and I wouldn't mind taking Deatrich Wise as an all around player with that last 3rd rounder. I think they are likely the best runstop/containment ends in the draft.

Glad I finally got someone on the Deatrich Wise bus. :)

You usually have the inside scoop on these things so I hope that you are right.:9:

Do you see Fournette falling to 11?

Is there any interest in Mike Williams who would go great with Mike Thomas?

What do you think about Zay Jones, James Conner, Josh Reynolds and Kareem Hunt?

Two late round receivers, Kendall Sanders and Karel Hamilton have caught my eye lately too
Inside scoup? It is just thoughts:9:. Fournette is a tricky sort. He could go as high as Jacksonville. And the pick makes sense but I think they could go in a different direction. Same thing with Panthers. He's been mocked there but I think they also want to address CB and DE. I'll say this--if he's there at #11 then I think they will take him. It would be really, really hard for them to pass him.

I do not see Williams at #11. It is not that I think they dislike him but just not the priority. I think we will either see a DE, RB, LB or CB taken at #11. I personally think Corey Davis is the more intriguing of the two and somewhat similar to Thomas. But I am not sure I see them taking a WR in first unless one of those guys were to fall to #32 and the value was too much to pass up.

I think Zay Jones is someone I think they could really, really like. Love his hands maybe more than any other player not named Christian McCaffrey. Hunt is intriguing. Good north/south runner with some shiftiness. He could be someone they look at though it depends on what happens early.

I personally like Connor. Like his story. But I am not sure if he's someone they are targeting.

I think Zay Jones is someone I think they could really, really like.

Strongly agree. Has anyone read up on this guy? He's from football stock. See below.

1. His father, Robert, played linebacker in the NFL, winning three Super Bowls with the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990's.
2. His uncle, Jeff Blake, played quarterback in the NFL for 14 years, most notably with the Cincinnati Bengals.
3. Jones' brother, Cayleb was a receiver at Texas and Arizona, as well.
4. Both his father and uncle played at East Carolina.

Zay Jones is a gem in this draft. If he falls to the Saints, I'm dancing.

Strongly agree. Has anyone read up on this guy? He's from football stock. See below.

I think someone will be real happy they drafted Zay Jones, but I can't see taking him with #11, #32 or #42 and I don't think he makes it to the third round. If he somehow fell into the Saints' laps and they take him, I'd be dancing too. :a_smil09:

I remember from the senior bowl practices Curtis Johnson telling him that he likes him and that "I could coach you". Jones was having a particularly good practice. Dude is a player.

While on the topic of power rushers like Zimmer, Hunter Dimick repped 38 on the bench at Utah's pro day which topped all combine players and still ran a 4.69 40 at 270+lbs.

Really like Jarrad Davis at 32. I think he goes higher than currently projected. I think Davis is just behind Foster as the best stand up LB in the class, and I'd put him neck and neck with Cunningham but slightly higher at the moment.

Great athlete, great closing speed, can cover and is better than Cunningham getting off blocks.

Really like Jarrad Davis at 32. I think he goes higher than currently projected. I think Davis is just behind Foster as the best stand up LB in the class, and I'd put him neck and neck with Cunningham but slightly higher at the moment.

Great athlete, great closing speed, can cover and is better than Cunningham getting off blocks.

I think Steelers like Davis too, might take him in the first.

While on the topic of power rushers like Zimmer, Hunter Dimick repped 38 on the bench at Utah's pro day which topped all combine players and still ran a 4.69 40 at 270+lbs.

Dimick may be the most underated player in this draft or at the very least in his position group. The guy's feet never stop moving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom