2017 NFL Draft Prospect (13 Viewers)

Not draft eligible in 2017 but keep an eye on Wisconsin's Alex Homibrook. I watched him come off the bench today and save the Badger's collective behind. If he stays healthy he should be a top prospect.

Hypothetical question: Saints have a bad season and are now picking in the top 3. Who do you have if LF7, Garrett, and Barnett are on the board?

Definitely Garrett. Sean Payton doesn't use a feature back like most teams, he rotates them quite frequently so we wouldn't be able to utilize all of Fournette effectively.

Hypothetical question: Saints have a bad season and are now picking in the top 3. Who do you have if LF7, Garrett, and Barnett are on the board?

If I'm picking 3rd, I'm trading up for Kizer. If a trade isn't possible, Garrett.

We have got to get a stud pass rusher or 2 in 2017.

Kruger and even cam Jordan is not more than a bull rusher.

Need someone that strikes fear

Definitely Garrett. Sean Payton doesn't use a feature back like most teams, he rotates them quite frequently so we wouldn't be able to utilize all of Fournette effectively.
Let's say we fix any Oline issues. You can't say LF wouldn't be a monster. Fresh legs and keeping him healthy by sharing carries would probably make him more effective. That guy would be great with Brees throwing the ball. We won't take him though.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Definitely Garrett he is lt Von Miller like teams will have to game plan against him. Watched the a&m game and he was literally opens the other side of the line cause he had two people on him at all times he still got two sacks last night too

Let's say we fix any Oline issues. You can't say LF wouldn't be a monster. Fresh legs and keeping him healthy by sharing carries would probably make him more effective. That guy would be great with Brees throwing the ball. We won't take him though.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Stud running back would have minimal impact in our offense, we only run 10-15 times per game. I think the pick should be an impact defensive player.

Texas Tech - #5 QB Patrick Mahomes. I know some people that haven't actually watched him often think Johnny Manziel II, and Texas Tech QBs never make it.....but this guy CAN scrammble and extend plays like Johnny Manziel, but he's also big and throws a beautiful ball from the pocket. He has every throw, great accuracy, and is a true leader/great kid (anti-Manziel). Meanwhile, he has the ability to do to good things Manziel could do, I've never seen a guy improvise as well when plays do break down. The ball just rockets out of his hands yet is soft for the receivers. He's a multi sport stud (like Drew)...and his father pitched in the majors for 10 years. Finally, he's ALWAYS looking to throw even when escaping the pocket. I would LOVE to get him to study under Drew for a year or two.

After watching LSU's bowl game against TT, I was extremely impressed with Mahomes. This kid was pressured all game and kept his eyes downfield for some amazing passes. I don't know what his mechanics are like but the kid is a play maker with a great arm, accuracy, and mobility. I would love to have him learn under Drew.

Also, Arden Key, Tre'Davious White, Louis Neal, and Jamal Adams would be good picks.

Next year since I doubt we can get Fournette this year, I would love to get Guice. I think Guice will be great in the NFL.

The RB position has been devalued in the NFL in recent drafts, but is it possible that 4 RB go early next draft. Possible that LF, Mccaffrey, Chubb, and D. Cook all come out next year. Somebody is going to get a real good RB late in rd 1 next year.

Definitely Garrett.

Fournette is a great RB, but his salary would wreck our O line and D line depth.

Definitely Garrett.

Fournette is a great RB, but his salary would wreck our O line and D line depth.
What? His rookie salary? Wouldn't need to pay him a ton of money for years after drafting him.

I can buy the "Running back isn't valuable anymore," or "We'd never properly utilize him" as arguments, even if I disagree with them.

Besides, if Garrett becomes the player I expect him to become, he'll be a $100 million minimum signing. Running backs will never earn that kinda skrilla.

What? His rookie salary? Wouldn't need to pay him a ton of money for years after drafting him.

I can buy the "Running back isn't valuable anymore," or "We'd never properly utilize him" as arguments, even if I disagree with them.

Besides, if Garrett becomes the player I expect him to become, he'll be a $100 million minimum signing. Running backs will never earn that kinda skrilla.

Thats why you draft him on the cheap and keep him for 5 years before you have to pay him that. Fournette's second contract would be for less than half of what Garrett's second contract would be for if they turned out as expected.

Welp, might as well discuss the draft until this team proves we shouldn't. I'd like us to trade up to get Kizer, irregardless of where we wind up picking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom