2017 NFL Draft UDFA's [MERGED] PROSPECTS THREAD (1 Viewer)

schuetter

Super Champion
Reaction score
I know there's a chain of command here with the vets, so forgive me if I missed this type of thread. I've noticed over the years on SR that many of us are as interested in the possible UDFA players as we are in the elite draftees, so I wanted to start a partner thread to the awesome prospect thread that shines a light on some guys who may be overlooked, are from smaller schools, had injuries, etc that we could look to sign after the draft.

One I'm intrigued by is CB Jeremy Clark from Michigan -- measured in at 6'3" 220 at the combine (played closer to 205 in college) and put up 20 reps on the bench. He switched to CB from Safety his junior year and suffered a season ending ACL injury three games into the 2016 season, but by all accounts was playing at a high level at both positions. With his increased weight, he'd probably project as a safety now, but could provide some matchup flexibility in sub packages. Someone may take a flier on him late in the draft because of his size, but I'm hoping we bring this guy in as a UDFA and see what he's got once he heals up. Could be a great bargain signing.

VIDEO: Clark vs Northwestern 2015

I haven't been able to find much info on him anywhere, but the little I read seems good. I think all the scouts were surprised he came in at 220 having added 15 lbs of muscle.

Great Jam in the slot like Vaccaro or Malcom Jerkins. I would bring him in.

I really like

Brady Gustafson Qb
Phillip Nelson Qb

Karel Hamilton wr
Collin Bevins DE

I'll be finding more soom

These are three dudes I've seen play over last couple of years. I really love their game on the field, but because the wealth of D talent, and off field flags, I think they may go undrafted.

Kai Nacua S/DB BYU - Surprised that after playing in the NFLPA game, Nacua's didnt get an invite to the Combine. The guy was clutch for BYU and a legit ballhawk. He's crazy instinctive in coverage. Plus his size is built for today's game. He's a killer on ST and has LB/DB versatility. Watching BYU, Nacua looks like a guy who should be drafted. But as of now, he's there's literally next to no info on him.

Tanner Vallejo LB Boise ST - In 14 and 15, Vallejo looked like he was easily gonna be a top 50 prospect, then he got hurt and played injured the whole year. He def has good instincts and has real a nose for that ball. He played WLB and ILB and is legit a cover LB. He represented himself well at the Combine, too. Vallejo is also a really good ST player, who has few splash plays to his name.

Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor - I know the situation and saw the video, and it is bad. Zamora's def talented enough to be drafted, but I doubt it because of off field flags. For what it's worth, Zamora's saying what he's supposed to say and looking to redeem himself in the worst way. On the field, he's a straight up baller. His game fits perfectly w/what we do on O. He has massive size and a crazy catch radius. He has NFL ready hands, really good concentration, and he's a redzone nightmare. His game reminds me so much of Marques Colston.

Alek Torgersen, Quarterback from the University of Pennsylvania.

Zach Pascal, Wide Receiver from Old Dominion University.

Matt Breida, Running Back from Georgia Southern.

Sam Rodgers, Full Back from Virginia Tech.

Pat O'Connor, defensive end from Eastern Michigan.

Cole Luke, Corner Back from Notre Dame.

Also I don't know if Donald Payne is projected to get drafted but I want that kid in a camp at SS.

These are three dudes I've seen play over last couple of years. I really love their game on the field, but because the wealth of D talent, and off field flags, I think they may go undrafted.

Kai Nacua S/DB BYU - Surprised that after playing in the NFLPA game, Nacua's didnt get an invite to the Combine. The guy was clutch for BYU and a legit ballhawk. He's crazy instinctive in coverage. Plus his size is built for today's game. He's a killer on ST and has LB/DB versatility. Watching BYU, Nacua looks like a guy who should be drafted. But as of now, he's there's literally next to no info on him.

Tanner Vallejo LB Boise ST - In 14 and 15, Vallejo looked like he was easily gonna be a top 50 prospect, then he got hurt and played injured the whole year. He def has good instincts and has real a nose for that ball. He played WLB and ILB and is legit a cover LB. He represented himself well at the Combine, too. Vallejo is also a really good ST player, who has few splash plays to his name.

Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor - I know the situation and saw the video, and it is bad. Zamora's def talented enough to be drafted, but I doubt it because of off field flags. For what it's worth, Zamora's saying what he's supposed to say and looking to redeem himself in the worst way. On the field, he's a straight up baller. His game fits perfectly w/what we do on O. He has massive size and a crazy catch radius. He has NFL ready hands, really good concentration, and he's a redzone nightmare. His game reminds me so much of Marques Colston.

I very much like Ishmael Zamora he is an animal on the field, cannot be covered and when he is he uses his muscle and body to dominate whoever might be covering him. Exceptionally gifted with outstanding hands that he uses to catch a pass. I know he has off the field issues, but what are they ? Does anybody know anything ?

definitely a competitor with route skills whom Drew could really utilize/ firey to a fault and tough with lots of small, slot guy comparisons on very winning teams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMx3l6VmOVM

These highlites feature Drew Morgan, 5'11", 178lbs., runs a"4.86 - 40 yard dash".
This guy looks very dependable as a WR with speed. The announcer said they are not going to catch him with his speed. Speed ? 4.86-40. That must be a typo, because he looks to be playing in that 4.5 range.

I very much like Ishmael Zamora he is an animal on the field, cannot be covered and when he is he uses his muscle and body to dominate whoever might be covering him. Exceptionally gifted with outstanding hands that he uses to catch a pass. I know he has off the field issues, but what are they ? Does anybody know anything ?

Zamora was caught on video whooping the crap out of his dog. Here's the story & the vid.

Can 9 seconds of video showing abuse of a dog end any NFL hopes for Baylor's Ishmael Zamora?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom