[2018] Hurricane Michael (3 Viewers)

Right? We should count our blessings. Had this storm developed a day or 2 sooner,it very well could have been us.

Please stop.

Thats not how they roll. And if you ever had to file a claim and get indemnified for a loss, you know. it.

Thats some Facebook rant crap.
Seriously, not a genuine rant, efil4stnias. I guess I should have put one of these -> :hihi: at the end of my posts about the perils of insurance. It was not intended as an insult to insurance companies or their employees. Just some tongue-in-cheek levity about how a lot of folks view their friendly insurance agent/company. Obviously as a business they have to make money to stay afloat just like any other business, and I'm sure that some people were truly grateful they had a certain kind of insurance when they needed it. And I realize that Flo and the little green lizard don't work for free.

I'll admit that no insurance policy of any kind has ever benefited me other than to get me through an insurance check point on the highway without getting busted. But that is primarily because I've rarely had reason to file a claim about anything that I am insured for. But when I have... well, you probably already know the story.

Trust me, insurance companies love me to death... that is, as long as I don't ever die.

Anyone know how Destin has fared? I know it's on the dry side of the storm, but I'm wondering about the wind damage across the whole panhandle. If anyone does know what Destin looks like, please let me know. My dad has got a little place down there and haven't been able to get in touch with the president of the condo association.

Got a message from our condo association in Destin, ours is right by the go cart track. They mentioned we got lucky, might be some minor damage to a fence, but besides that that area seemed ok.

FYI.. 50% chance of something forming in the western Caribbean in 5 days. Not enough models on it yet, but may run into Yucatan... we'll see. 10 days out, may also be something in the Atlantic north of Haiti...

1539229810291.png

I think once the pictures come back from the developer and get fed into the internet for all to see, it will be very sobering.
I’ve heard that it’s catastrophic from the coast and up many miles inland

Rebuilding will be very costly as this was an older town and the new building codes are going to add quite a bit of cost. The structures will be more sound but much more expensive.

Last edited:
Windy as fork here in Chucktown. But we’re beyond the reach of the rain.

My family and I made it through the storm. We bunkered down in our place off of HWY 231. Total and complete devastation. Every tree around us was uprooted. Trains over turned. It’s a lot to processs. We evacuated yesterday morning to Gulf Breeze. It kind of leaves you shell shocked but thankfully we made it out ok. No real structural damage to the home too which was miraculous. But no power or water and a sick family member we had to leave.. It was a crazy experience to say the least. Hard to articulate it now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom