2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Sounds like someone needs to get Shaq to get in touch with the young man....you know, unofficially, and all.

Some good notes about Tremont after the Combine from The Athletic:

On the other side of that spectrum, LSU guard Tremont Waters doesn’t have the measurables at just 5-10 in shoes. His agility times were fine, not elite. But that dude just has such an innate feel for the game that it’s hard not to believe in him. He commanded the show, knocking down 3-pointers off the bounce and distributing at a high level. He generally was the best point guard on the floor in games where his primary matchups were Shamorie Ponds and Bone. There’s a real chance Waters ends up turning into a very interesting backup point guard. I’d select him over Bone, and think he’s a reasonable second round pick for a team.

Emmitt is back. Should be another good season for LSU basketball coming up.

Some good notes about Tremont after the Combine from The Athletic:

Glad to hear it and I wish him well...he does have great court vision, no question...the question is if his other intangibles/attributes are enough to overcome his physical limitations...we will see...

Great news on all the players coming back, not surprising as there was no way any of them would have been drafted...Unless they were resigned to going to the D-league or overseas, returning to LSU with the possibility of Wade coming back is likely their best option....

Well, Skyler and Marlon are definitely gone next season. I would expect that Emmett Williams and Javonte Smart will make the jump as well. Next season could set up for a good, deep run if those take to heart what the NBA s outs told them and devote their energies to the same level of improvement that Tremont saw this past season.

Well, Skyler and Marlon are definitely gone next season. I would expect that Emmett Williams and Javonte Smart will make the jump as well. Next season could set up for a good, deep run if those take to heart what the NBA s outs told them and devote their energies to the same level of improvement that Tremont saw this past season.
N'faly is going to need Trenton to stick around, because the talent level will be significant unless Smart and Williams also stay for their junior year. Hopefully we'll recruit some good guards to help the bigs.

We should start a new basketball thread, soon I suppose. We're pretty much done with this one.

Well, I said that Southern Miss would be the team to beat in the Baton Rouge Regional...

And I was certainly right! Wow!!!! :omg2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom