2018 LSU Basketball Thread (2 Viewers)

I have nothing other than an article I read, but I hope all this recruiting is clean.
Supposedly Wade has been candid to players and the school. Everyone seems to be backing him for now.

Nice win over La Tech tonight but LSU needs to get better on perimeter defense and boxing out on rebounding. La Tech had to have a big lead in rebounding. Advocate tourney is next.

Yeah, disappointed to see LSU get out-reboinded by Tech, but the Bulldogs had a great game plan and pushed LSU to the limit. Nice job of LSU closing the game out when it counted.

All of these teams on LSU's schedule so far are going to win a pot of games. Duke and KU they're not, but at the end of the year they will be good for the RPI. Plus, they're winnable for LSU as they try to figure things out. Of they ever start playing as a team, they're a pretty good shot to make the Elite Eight, IMO.

First real challenge of the season about to top off in a few minutes on ESPN2 vs FSU. The two teams are a mirror of each other, so this should be a good game as you flip between football games.

LSU starts the game with 3 PGs which is interesting with FSUs bigger lineup.

could it be possible to oh I don't know ............maybe get a damn rebound

Offensive rebounding by FSU killed them. They didn't have that many second chance points but it's lost possessions for LSU.

LSU has to work on rebounding and putting teams away. The thing is we’re starting 3 freshmen and a sophomore, so we will continue to improve. We also still need to improve our play with 3 point guards, because we should not be turning the ball over so much with such great ball handlers. Also Reid has to take better shots and focus. Emmett is out playing him, so I’d Consider giving him more of Reid’s minutes.

Last edited:
LSU is definitely not getting the rebounds, but it's mostly when they're using 3 guards. Reid is playing with an ankle injury, too. I'd like to see them focus more on using their size advantage and improve their 3 point defense.

These are all good games they have played so far. It seems like Wade is still mixing the lineup. They were in the FSU game until the final seconds of OT despite facing a much more experienced lineup. There is no one on this roster I do not like. These are valuable games and this team is capable of winning the SEC if they come together.

The SEC is so loaded this year. I will be extremely impressed if LSU wins the conference.

I’m highly disappointed in LSU’s performance against OK State. Wade isn’t t getting the talent to compliment each other. Reid wants to shoot 3s, but then we don’t have anyone in the paint. Reid should only shoot 3s when we have other bigs in the game. Too many passes over the top. Just poor offensive movement. We’re relying on talent rather than scheming. We’re getting few fast breaks, so we should have a better half court offense. Seems most our plays are someone drive and kick it out, which is good, but should only be a piece of the offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom