2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

TruTv was there on Friday night when your date canceled. TruTv was there was nothing else to watch on Tuesday. TruTv was there at 2:05am to tell you that there were sexy singles in your area looking to talk with you “right now”.

Suddenly now that your team is a #3 seed you are too good for TruTv?

Last edited:
A good, long read on the Adidas investigation and how it ties into WW...

Somewhat amazing how there are actual convictions of coaches at other schools that people seem to be ignoring. The coaches have been fired, but the teams and the head coaches play on anyway. When did third party reporting of content on a wiretap become more legit than actual convictions?

This is all so dumb. NCAA and it's rules are dumb.

At what point does a league come along and let the shoe companies buy teams like what you see in racing and put the NBA and NCAA out of business?

I was at training for work last week and this topic came up. Kid from a blue blood program says “LSU got what they deserved because Wade was dirty.” When I rattled off the list of teams also mentioned in the report that same guy and a few other kids from blue blood programs said “there is no proof that those coaches did anything wrong.” And I mentioned that there was no proof that Wade paid anyone either, but they went ahead with their own beliefs.

I want Duke, UNC, Houston, etc. and everyone else listed to come under the same microscope as WW and LSU. I have said before that I am no LSU fan, so this isn’t my fight, but I hate that you guys are being drug through the mud for something that is a common practice at successful schools.

I was at training for work last week and this topic came up. Kid from a blue blood program says “LSU got what they deserved because Wade was dirty.” When I rattled off the list of teams also mentioned in the report that same guy and a few other kids from blue blood programs said “there is no proof that those coaches did anything wrong.” And I mentioned that there was no proof that Wade paid anyone either, but they went ahead with their own beliefs.

I want Duke, UNC, Houston, etc. and everyone else listed to come under the same microscope as WW and LSU. I have said before that I am no LSU fan, so this isn’t my fight, but I hate that you guys are being drug through the mud for something that is a common practice at successful schools.

They won't. There's too much money and draw for those major basketball programs. Think about it....Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Tennessee....what's their biggest sport, by far?

The NCAA is not involved at this point. They did not suspend Wade - LSU did.
It has nothing to do with other "investigations"
As far as I am aware the NCAA has done nothing to even investigate Wade and LSU, nor has the SEC.

From my understanding, and I could be wrong here, Wade is suspended because he will not talk with his employer. Perhaps it is more accurate to say will not talk to his employer without his (wade's) lawyer present.

The NCAA is not involved at this point. They did not suspend Wade - LSU did.
It has nothing to do with other "investigations"
As far as I am aware the NCAA has done nothing to even investigate Wade and LSU, nor has the SEC.

From my understanding, and I could be wrong here, Wade is suspended because he will not talk with his employer. Perhaps it is more accurate to say will not talk to his employer without his (wade's) lawyer present.

I don't know if the full, accurate story has been told yet. I've read that WW agreed to meet with Alleva and F. King, but then the LSU Compliance office insisted to be present, with a member from the NCAA. This is when WW's attorney said no. But yes, he is suspended because he didn't talk to LSU. If Alleva had any balls, he would've told the Compliance office, "I got this. I'll request you're involvement if its needed."

I don't know if the full, accurate story has been told yet. I've read that WW agreed to meet with Alleva and F. King, but then the LSU Compliance office insisted to be present, with a member from the NCAA. This is when WW's attorney said no. But yes, he is suspended because he didn't talk to LSU. If Alleva had any balls, he would've told the Compliance office, "I got this. I'll request you're involvement if its needed."
If Alleva was smart, he wouldn't be asking questions because then he knows the answers.

If the feds nor the NCAA are investigating, why did LSU suspend him then? All they're doing is screwing their chances in the tourney.

If the feds nor the NCAA are investigating, why did LSU suspend him then? All they're doing is screwing their chances in the tourney.
Amen. Tanking doesn’t apply in college basketball as there is no draft. I would say Joe is in uncharted waters, but he has screwed college sports programs before.

Amen. Tanking doesn’t apply in college basketball as there is no draft. I would say Joe is in uncharted waters, but he has screwed college sports programs before.
The last time Joe had this problem, he fired the coach and then got Duke sued for wrongful termination. Apparently the LSU officials found this to be impressive because they hired him not long after that.

The last time Joe had this problem, he fired the coach and then got Duke sued for wrongful termination. Apparently the LSU officials found this to be impressive because they hired him not long after that.

Sounds like some of us should apply for Alleva's job after they can him (keeping fingers crossed). We're at least as qualified.

Sounds like some of us should apply for Alleva's job after they can him (keeping fingers crossed). We're at least as qualified.
I don''t think it's hard. After the discussion with him in October, you either keep him or fire him. I would have kept him barring evidence that proved otherwise. After the last article, I would have met him privately and asked him "WTF, dude?".

Then I would meet the press with Wade by my side and state "We believe that people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not public opinion. Journalists who choose to speculate are accountable to their editors and we have no control over what they choose to editorialize. As of now, there is no investigation in LSU sports or coaches affiliated with LSU. Should the NCAA start one, we are willing to assist then in any way they require.

Going forward, Coach Wade will not be responding to questions other than those pertaining to the performance of his team. We feel that this what our kids deserve and something they have earned with their hard work on and off the court. At the conclusion of the trial for which he is subpoenaed, we will discuss the matter further. As of now, we have no further statement to make regarding the matter. Are there any questions you have that do not pertain to this situation?"

That took me 5 minutes to type off the top of my head...

See? Like I said, more qualified than Alleva.

And it's gonna take me a little while to get used to that new avatar, MLU. I do like it, though.

I don''t think it's hard. After the discussion with him in October, you either keep him or fire him. I would have kept him barring evidence that proved otherwise. After the last article, I would have met him privately and asked him "What the Fork!, dude?".

Then I would meet the press with Wade by my side and state "We believe that people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not public opinion. Journalists who choose to speculate are accountable to their editors and we have no control over what they choose to editorialize. As of now, there is no investigation in LSU sports or coaches affiliated with LSU. Should the NCAA start one, we are willing to assist then in any way they require.

Going forward, Coach Wade will not be responding to questions other than those pertaining to the performance of his team. We feel that this what our kids deserve and something they have earned with their hard work on and off the court. At the conclusion of the trial for which he is subpoenaed, we will discuss the matter further. As of now, we have no further statement to make regarding the matter. Are there any questions you have that do not pertain to this situation?"

That took me 5 minutes to type off the top of my head...

If you start a men's soccer team, and promise my son instate tuition rates, you have my vote to be hired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom