2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Now nothing to do sportswise until fall, 'cuz I'm an Orioles fan and it will be a great season if they lose less than 100.

My Apple Watch showed ny heart rate over 100 tye entire last 2 mins.

Now give us our coach back.

I really don't care what happens after the season as far as inelligible players making games inelligible, or the players and coaches we lose after the season, I will not forget what fun it has been to watch this team this seaon.

Cody Worsham mentioned on his podcast that one end of the floor at that arena has the stands up close behind it. The other end the stands are back further away and there is more open area of the arena viewable behind the glass. He said that when he went out on the floor, the goal on that end of the floor kinda "floats" in contrast to the other end. The end result being that he felt it might thrown off depth perception.

Sure enough today when Maryland was scoring on that end of the floor in the first half, they shot 28.6%. LSU shot a similar number on that end today a day in the previous game. I heard the announcer make a half-hearted comment about it with about 4 mins left to go in the game.

Seems like I have heard the same thing about games in the Superdome when they set up for Final Fours, too.

Good game by Maryland. After their last timeout, I felt pretty good about LSUs chances. They have been comfortable with taking games down to the wire all season long. Every LSU fan should have seen that final play coming.

Hopefully you guys follow Cody Worsham on Twitter. He's got some great inside access and videos up after the game from the locker room.

We miss Wade, but we still found a way to win. That’s all we can ask for at thisnpoint in the season. Even when there wasn’t a Will, we found a way. Geaux Tigers!

I heard the announcer make a half-hearted comment about it with about 4 mins left to go in the game.

Ian Eagle made the light comment about the rim being different. I wonder if UK and Wofford had similar issues? Missed that game due to a U15 soccer game.

Every morning, Jordy Culotta politely tweets Dick Vitale about coming on the BR morning show, Off the Bench that he hosts with T-Bob Hebert. Well, this afternoon Dicky finally had a mini melt. I wish my copy and paste for Twitter wasn't acting up right now.

Isn't it about time that DICK Vitale retire?

DV is a total hypocrite. He slobbers all over Pitino when what he did was outrageously bad and unhealthy for his players, yet he condemns Wade before we even know what really happened. More East Coast bias.

I never cared for Dickie V. He’s always been the ultimate suck up.

As for Maryland, I was so impressed with Jalen Smith. If that kid can pack 10-15 lbs of muscle, he’ll be a monster on the court.

His analysis was spot on. Maryland is young and plays that way at times. Holding on to beat a tough Belmont team was good for the Terps and builds momentum. Having played Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, and Wisconsin, the Terps are pretty battle-tested.

I don't know much about LSU except that the coach was naughty, and got sent off. That said, LSU spent many weeks ranked int he top 10-15 so they're no slouch.

It should indeed be good game

Thanks man. The game went pretty much as I expected, I thought it would be a game of runs (and subsequently droughts)....Credit to UMD for battling back as LSU is really the deeper more talented team...what is killing LSU is the long offensive droughts they have been experiencing lately and I think they are longer with Wade not on the sideline. There was a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd half where it seemed every shot LSU put up was a rushed 3 at then end of the shot clock. And UMD took advantage....They were lazy swinging the ball, lazy moving without the ball and standing around way too much....that doesn't happen with Wade there. Too bad this team had potential but I don't see them going much further if they have another drought like that one....and what is it about Mays, he seems to disappear for long stretches and then show up when they need him most...inconsistent but clutch hard nosed player....

Someone mentioned the UMD freshman (nickname is Sticks), he has the potential to be great. Smart player with good court vision for a big guy, as they said just needs to add some weight and he could be very special.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom