2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

I’m highly disappointed in LSU’s performance against OK State. Wade isn’t t getting the talent to compliment each other. Reid wants to shoot 3s, but then we don’t have anyone in the paint. Reid should only shoot 3s when we have other bigs in the game. Too many passes over the top. Just poor offensive movement. We’re relying on talent rather than scheming. We’re getting few fast breaks, so we should have a better half court offense. Seems most our plays are someone drive and kick it out, which is good, but should only be a piece of the offense.

The way Wade looked in that game, it was almost like he was content to let the game play out so he could have ample video of how NOT to play.

The Tigers fell to #24 Houston last night. They were up 15 at one point, but allowed the Cougars to come roaring back to eventually take the win. LSU played well from what I saw, but Houston fed off their crowd and seemed like they couldn't miss in the 2nd half.

They haven't gelled yet. They played better with less talent last year.

That’s the 2nd loss where we had a big lead and didn’t adjust well. Against FL ST, they went into stall mode too soon, so we were taking bad shots. Against Houston, the refs were calling a ridiculous number of fouls against both teams. Houston recognized this and attacked the asker to draw fouls. Since everyone was in foul trouble, we started playing defense more timidly, but so did Houston. We should’ve attacked the basket lot more in this game. That’s what Houston started doing. Also Reid and Bigby were being fouled every shot they took inside, so we should’ve fed them. Instead LSU kept running their perimeter motion offense, but it wasn’t generating open shots very often, but even if it did, it wasn’t the right tactic for the way the game was playing out.

I think Wade desperately needs a coach on the sideline to help him with in game tactics and adjustments.

SEC play starts this week with Bama at home. LSU starts the season 10-3 while playing the 3rd toughest OOC schedule this far according to Will Wade. The last 3 games although against lesser talent saw the team really start to play balanced and to their strengths. I'm really excited to see how this season starts now with a nice setup to the conference schedule.

I was only able to watch a bit of the 1st half, and the last of the 2nd. Give Bama credit for making a run after being down 20. Waters pass to Days from sitting on the floor was a thing of beauty.

I was only able to watch a bit of the 1st half, and the last of the 2nd. Give Bama credit for making a run after being down 20. Waters pass to Days from sitting on the floor was a thing of beauty.
Waters is the heartbeat of the LSU squad. When he made that crazy pass, it made the team play better down the stretch. He'll be so important to the team's success this year.

I caught the second half before I fell asleep. Naz Reid looks awkward playing defense in the post. He played with great effort, but it's just odd to see a guy his size and strength trying to figure it all out down there when he should be bullying people. He had a great opening to the game with a block and drawing a charge. At the end of the first half, LSU got dominated off the glass with Bama taking two and three possessions off offensive rebounds at one point. Thankfully LSU couldn't miss a shot beyond the 3-point like going 10-14 I think.

Waters is indeed the catalyst. The assist from his tail-end on the ground was beautiful. In the first half he sold a head fake for a short jumper that had the Bama player jumping out of the gym. I hope he gives LSU a 3rd year. if not, we will be in good hands with Smart who is clutch. I am really enjoying the evolution of Skylar Mays, too. Emmett, Days, Taylor, Bigsby-Williams, etc. There is just a lot to like about these guys.

FWIW, LSU is ranked #20 in the NET rankings right now. These are replacing the RPI ratings. They are the #5 SEC team.

Last edited:
The SEC has a lot of teams hanging around the middle. With the exception of Tennessee who can go on the 7 or 8 game winning streak is up in the air. Any team can beat any other right now minus Tennessee. They are just dominating their opponents. It is going to be interesting as this league will have numerous teams in March madness.

Nice win on the road by LSU in Oxford. They really turned up the intensity in the second half in a hostile environment. Waters handled the constantly switching defenses well and the LSU defense forced Ole Miss into a lot of turnovers. Bigby-Wiliams had an very good game after a huge disappointment vs Arkansas.

LSU needs the next 5 or so games before the schedule gets tougher. I felt like they might lose at least one of these first three games. Now, they might start the conference season 8-0 if they keep it up. You can see the talent starting to come together.

In a brilliant bit of low key trolling, Joe Lunardi released his bracket with #7 LSU playing #11 UCF in the opening round of the tourny...

LSU is dominating USC thus far. This team looks like it is turning the corner and the talent is playing up to its rankings and this is with the crowd sitting on their hands.

LSU is dominating USC thus far. This team looks like it is turning the corner and the talent is playing up to its rankings and this is with the crowd sitting on their hands.
2:25 left and LSU is up by 23. If you watch Will Wade, you'd think LSU was down 10. Everything is going right. Tremont even got in a dunk.

IMG_20190119_175422.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom